Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Treadmill - Bang For Your Buck
Quote | Reply
In the process of purchasing a treadmill. Seeking insight from folks who have had luck with certain make, models etc.

We would likely be looking in the low to mid price range.

Thanks In Advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill - Bang For Your Buck [unicat141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used. I got a used twice Sole F80 for $600 delivered to my door. Can't beat that with a stick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends what you consider a good price, I feel like I got a good deal on Black Friday three years ago on a True PS100. I was initially looking at some treadmills in the $1500 range (Sole, NordicTrack...), but ended up getting about $400 of MSRP & two years of 0% financing. In those three years, between my wife and I, we've probably logged 2,500-3,000 miles, and it's been perfect.

Personally, I didn't want any gimmicky things like built in fans, speakers, or any sort of interactive display. Those are just electronics waiting to break. The PS100 gets up to speed quickly for intervals, unlike some lower priced models that seem to take their sweet time - this was one of the big things I was looking for.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I searched around and got a mid size storable thing for $150 cdn. A cross-fitter wanted it gone so bad she had it on the truck for me so fast I could hardly lend a hand! They are known as "clothes hangers" around here.

It was 10+ yrs old w/100 miles on it. The relic still looked new. You pull the magnetic sensor and it'll boot up with the history of miles and time.

Some mills top out at 10 mph, but most can hit 12 mph. Mine is only to 10 mph so not much fun :O. Seriously I haven't used 10 much.

When I brought it home my wife was @&#^@ but we've used it a lot. Both my son and daughter for track and I love doing bricks with it. Ride the bike, zoom in & hit up a speed run right in the garage.

This company makes a bunch of brands both for Can/US. And they are pretty solid.

<http://www.dyaco.ca/treadmills-EN.html

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Last edited by: SharkFM: Nov 23, 17 18:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sole f80 or f85. Look online with their site tonight or tomorrow. I got mine delivered in house for 1250. Was like 8 years ago.
Last edited by: littlefoot: Nov 23, 17 20:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We bought a Nordic Track with elevation to 40 degrees. It has been reliable through 3 years now, and always seems to be about 1500 or so on "sale".
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill - Bang For Your Buck [duckies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your best bet is a 2nd hand commercial rather than an brand new home treadmill.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill - Bang For Your Buck [duckies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
duckies wrote:
Used. I got a used twice Sole F80 for $600 delivered to my door. Can't beat that with a stick.

That's a great deal. I bought a new Sole F-85 about two years ago (I think) and love it. The F-80 is also really nice, but the price difference at the time wasn't that much so I got the F-85.

When I think about bang for your buck.. I think focus on sturdy track, heavy motor, etc and avoid things like wifi connectivity, fancy screen, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill - Bang For Your Buck [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you buy it from?

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill - Bang For Your Buck [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The PS100 gets up to speed quickly for intervals, unlike some lower priced models that seem to take their sweet time - this was one of the big things I was looking for.

I have a Sole S77 and love it but the slower change in speed is one thing that is lacking compared to gym treadmills I've run on. I'd say it takes about twice as long to change speeds. Not really a big deal to me, just something that is noticeable. As far as the running surface/feel, I don't notice any difference between the Sole and gym models.

Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill - Bang For Your Buck [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was surprised to find that the deck on my SoleF80 is substantially longer than the commercial Lifefitness ones used at my YMCAs. I'm sure Lifefitness makes long ones too, but it also does make sense that gyms might favor slightly shorter deck treadmills to have more space overall.

My F80 is long enough that I can actually run in 4 separate quadrants on it, even behind the handrails, without fear of falling off. (The only reason I have to do this is that I run barefoot on my treadmill a fair amount and the deck gets pretty hot if you run in one place all the time; even the gym treadmills do this - I checked it while running with socks on it.)
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill - Bang For Your Buck [bigredrude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also love that the sole decks are 22 in wide, not the cheesy 20 in you usually see on the typical models
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you dont have a truck, rent one. and hit up craigslist.

i got a sole f80 for $350. i had to take a friend and get it out of the guys basement, but it was cheap and almost brand new.

Im not sure what its like where you live, but there are always people getting rid of treadmills on craigslist cheap around here. Even if they are listed $500-$600. if you have $400 and a truck in their driveway you will probably have a new treadmill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a Sole F63 last month and am really liking it. On sale at the moment (at least in Canada).
Quote Reply