Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tattoo location
Quote | Reply

For those who have gotten them (everyone else ignore this post please and keep your options to yourself!) Where did you put the tattoo ? Left calf or right calf ?

Please do not turn this into another tattoo bashing opinionated thread.
Last edited by: Bryan06107: Nov 22, 17 3:41
Quote Reply
Re: Tattoo location [Bryan06107] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put mine on my shoulder blade. I know a few people who put small ones on the inside of their wrist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryan06107 wrote:

For those who have gotten them (everyone else ignore this post please and keep your options to yourself!) Where did you put the tattoo ? Left calf or right calf ?

congratulations on your Kona finish

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on what the tatoo is. I have a small one on my shoulder above where a polo shirt sleeve covers. Another larger one on my back in the shoulder blade area.

My personal belief is to be able to hide them when in a professional setting which could include a golf game wearing shorts.
Last edited by: B.McMaster: Nov 22, 17 6:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
right calf for me. wanted something discrete for when dressed and visible when wearing shorts. went pretty much traditional style and location.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just got my first. Upper shoulder. I wanted it small enough and high enough to be covered in professional work setting (with short sleeve polo short on).
Quote Reply
Re: Tattoo location [Gskalt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gskalt wrote:
right calf for me. wanted something discrete for when dressed and visible when wearing shorts. went pretty much traditional style and location.

Ditto
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryan06107 wrote:

Are you talking tattoos in general or IM tattoos in particular?
Quote Reply
Re: Tattoo location [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
although I am assuming M dot since it's on tri talk, the original question-- where to put it -- seems like an intensely personal decision. Put it wherever you want....... (have a tattoo right calf but not tri related)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About half way between the bottom of left calf and my ankle - so the 'tendon of gastrocnemius' (or upper achilles tendon)...
Normal length socks cover it. With bike socks with a medium length cuff, it sits just above them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Left calf only because that's the leg that was shattered when I got hit by a car 2 years prior to my first IM. I met a couple of people before I got mine who had similar reasons for the location of theirs. Totally a personal choice of where/if you want yours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
outside and above right ankle
Quote Reply