Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by windschatten
Last edited by: windschatten: Nov 21, 17 22:56
Re: Uber pays hush money in data breach [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its pretty big news here in Oz

I wonder how long before companies like these start to see significant pushback due to their attitude towards their customers
Quote Reply
Re: Uber pays hush money in data breach [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uber started upfront pricing a few months ago under the guise of saving passengers money.
What actually occurs is passengers get charged as much as 100% more than what the driver got paid.
For upfront pricing, their algorythms use a longer route than what most drivers will take.

Lyft just this week rolled out upfront pricing.
Quote Reply
Re: Uber pays hush money in data breach [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have never used Uber or Lyft. What's wrong with calling a cab? Consumer Reports did a study that a cab is generally less and more available during surge times.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Uber pays hush money in data breach [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Have never used Uber or Lyft. What's wrong with calling a cab?

Nothing "wrong," but the whole experience is smoother than a cab. Hailing, directions, and payment are all seamless and quick.

It could be that cabs have created apps to bring themselves into the digital world, though. I just haven't taken one in a few years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Typically, Uber or Lyft is half of the cost of a taxi.

Unless you are downtown with a lot of cabs, you will be waiting 45+ minutes for a cab to show up, if they show up at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Have never used Uber or Lyft. What's wrong with calling a cab? Consumer Reports did a study that a cab is generally less and more available during surge times.

That has never been the case for me. Like the other poster, maybe cabs have apps but I called a cab about a year ago. They told me 20’ wait, it was 30 and I definitely paid more than I would have with an Uber. I’ve never waited that long for an Uber.

Just last week it was pouring rain when I parked downtown at a lot. I had a 6 block walk. I pulled up Uber and there were 3 cars in the area. Cost me less than $5. I bet the cab was $3.5 just to pick up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:

The last time I rode in a cab, the card reader was broken but the guy didn't mention that until we were at my destination. I had no cash. The guy flipped out and told me to just get out of his car.

That can't happen with Uber or Lyft.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Uber pays hush money in data breach [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
mck414 wrote:

The last time I rode in a cab, the card reader was broken but the guy didn't mention that until we were at my destination. I had no cash. The guy flipped out and told me to just get out of his car.

This.

In the past I've had a ton of late night arrivals and early AM departures and would always use Uber after too many "my card reader is not working" conversations (this would also happen after I got smart and started asking upon pickup). Worth saving the headache IMO.

Just last night re-downloaded my Uber ap in front of a hotel to get a lift to a concert and was OK paying what I thought was likely $2 more just to have peace of mind getting there without the whole CC reader not working potential shit show....
Quote Reply
Re: Uber pays hush money in data breach [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
mck414 wrote:

Okay, so the card reader is broken thing just doesn't happen to me.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Uber pays hush money in data breach [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Card reader wasn't working? Was the meter not working either? Hmmm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:

I think the whole cab system is even a bigger scam than Uber ever will be. They create artificial scarcity through licensing. I don't think any of the money generated through licensing goes to improving the cab system. It goes to line the pockets of politicians. I wouldn't be surprised if the mob was involved in some cities.
Quote Reply