Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Desoto Riviera Fli or 400 Mile?
Quote | Reply
Looking at buying some black friday sale desoto bibs.

I'm a skinny lightweight cyclist who would use the bibs only for road and gravel riding.
The thin chamois and fly of the Riviera intrigue me... but the 400 Miles get rave reviews as a pure cycling short.
Having trouble making the choice... help!
Quote Reply
Re: Desoto Riviera Fli or 400 Mile? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 2 pair of 400 mi. bibs. I have 3 fly suits and 3 pairs of Riviera Tri Shorts (and heck....a liftfoil suit, also).

My last 4 races have been 3 HIMs, then IM LOU. I raced LOU in a fly suit, so I did all my training rides in them. IMO, the fly suit/Riviera pad is more comfortable (for ME) than the 400 mi. pad (@ half the thickness).

YMMV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have loved the 400mile pad since they came out, but it is a bit thicker.
Riviera is my new first choice.
Very individual decision though.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had a 400mile for about a year now, it all comes down to preference but I don't like the thicker chamois in aero personally. Great bib, I use it on my roadie where I don't mind the thickness.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I'm s short course du/triathlete and I love my FliSuit. It's great for Olympic/Standard distance races. I've never used the fly while riding, though. It helps before/after racing because I don't have to strip down to pee (doesn't help with #2, though).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Over the past 7 years i've only used DeSoto shorts and like other posts it comes down to preference and how much you ride. I've done centuries on fleece pad and 400 - both are fine. For tri's i use the thinner pads, for longer cycling specific races i use the 400.

Happy Training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope that Emilio will add the fly to the 400 mile bibs. That would be fantastic!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lost count how many brands of shorts I've had. All the big names EXCEPT Assos (just too costly). Out of all the shorts (I use bibs), I have to stand by my all time favorite that I do not regret buying. Desoto 400 mile. The fit (for me a medium) was perfect. The pad can be comfortable just fine for 100 miles witout feeling like you've been sitting long. No elastic grippers, just fabric, which means they won't crack apart. They're the best. I am not sponsored by DeSoto, I bought them direct through them during a sale. Well worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aight, I had to make a decision and went with the Riviera. Yeah, the fly sold it... but a nice pair of bibs for rides on the TT bike is something I don't have either.

I also bought one of the the poly base layers, what a great design.
Quote Reply