Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Men's watches - need watch with alarm - or alternatives
Quote | Reply
I started a thread a few months back for watches under $500 and will be buying a nice watch to wear when I'm in business or dress mode. However, I need a nice another looking watch with an alarm feature for when I'm working as an adjuster.

I often set alarms to remind me to make phone calls or to join a conference call, so an alarm is a necessity for me. I could use my smart phone - but I get sweaty climbing roofs and don't want the added bulk and weight of the phone in my pocket. I need something to keep on my so I hear it when it goes off, wherever I am.

I've used the Timex Ironman series watches, but wouldn't mind something that looks a little nicer. Any suggestions for a watch (or alternative) that can handle getting dirty, sweaty and has alarms?

I realize these are going to be lower end watches, and I accept that - I just want something that looks better than the Timex.
Quote Reply
Re: Men's watches - need watch with alarm - or alternatives [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want to stick with a sports type watch, check out the Garmin Fenix 3 or Finex 5

I've been wearing the Fenix 3 for a few years now and really like it. Does way more than I need, most importantly it looks like a normal watch.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Men's watches - need watch with alarm - or alternatives [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How far away is your phone? I love my garmin smartwatch and it lets me know when a meeting is coming up or a text or call comes in even when my phone is not with me. It just relays what my phone is saying.

I have the forerunner 230 and have people stop me to ask me what watch it is.
Last edited by: Moonrocket: Nov 21, 17 9:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was strictly a Victorinox watch guy for years, loved the bang for the buck (and the toughness).

I have noticed now that Fossil makes some 'smart watches' that I guess have a phone app to put stuff into them. They don't look to bad, and are around $250 I believe.

I talk to myself because mine are the only answers I'll accept - George Carlin
Quote Reply