Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quentin Tarantino’s New Film Among 11 Features Awarded Latest CA Tax Credits
Quote | Reply
I love this state, I hate this state, I love this state, I hate this state:

Thanksgiving and Christmas came a little early today for Quentin Tarantino and Sony Pictures. Picked up by the studio last week, as my colleague Mike Fleming Jr exclusively reported, the director’s next feature is among the 11 films awarded nearly $62.8 million in California tax credits.

The Chris Sanders’ helmed adaptation of Jack London’s Call of the Wild, Destroyer,starring Nicole Kidman and directed by the Karyn Kusama, and an untitled Dan Gilroy project starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Rene Russo were also recipients of the latest round of the hefty incentives made public Monday. The announcement this morning by the California Film Commission comes after that latest round of feature applications for some of the Golden State’s annual $330 million in incentives wrapped up on October 20.

http://deadline.com/...n-gilroy-1202212101/

Meanwhile in other news thousands are homeless, without medical care and hope.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Quentin Tarantino’s New Film Among 11 Features Awarded Latest CA Tax Credits [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but that film production budget will get spent on rental cars & gear, new shoes, pizza, condoms, etc, and cycle back through the economy ~ it's classic trickle-down theory, man!

Why do you hate Reaganomics?
Quote Reply
Re: Quentin Tarantino’s New Film Among 11 Features Awarded Latest CA Tax Credits [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know why so many movies and shows are filmed in Vancouver?
Quote Reply
Re: Quentin Tarantino’s New Film Among 11 Features Awarded Latest CA Tax Credits [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you see Quentin's last movie? Damn, what a waste of talent. It's as though he's become parody of himself. I wonder if he has one more Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs in him? I'd even take a Jackie Brown.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hateful 8 was pretty terrible, but he's had a good run recently with Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds. Both of those were solid.
Quote Reply