Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Punisher on Netflix
Quote | Reply
Anyone else watched/watching this?

Finished the 13 episodes over 3 nights, lots of violence and action, tons of blood and a decent storyline. Tthey did a much better job of bringing the character to the screen than any of the movies and Jon Bernthal was an excellent casting pick for the Frank Castle role.
Quote Reply
Re: The Punisher on Netflix [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Anyone else watched/watching this?

Finished the 13 episodes over 3 nights, lots of violence and action, tons of blood and a decent storyline. Tthey did a much better job of bringing the character to the screen than any of the movies and Jon Bernthal was an excellent casting pick for the Frank Castle role.

We started last night and watched the first 5 episodes. Agree with you on all points. Pretty bloody, but it's The Punisher, after all, and necessary to the storyline.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just finished. Well done!

I didn’t care much for Bernthal in TWD, but in this he did a FANTASTIC job.

Funny, there was no Metallica...

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: The Punisher on Netflix [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttocsmi wrote:
Just finished. Well done!

I didn’t care much for Bernthal in TWD, but in this he did a FANTASTIC job.

Funny, there was no Metallica...

I agree. This was a much better role for him. I greatly enjoyed it.

Just started watching season 2 of Jessica Jones. JJ is better than Luke Cage but not as good as The Punisher. Still entertaining.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: The Punisher on Netflix [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh. My SIL is watching that now. I’ll add it to my list.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i really enjoyed all those. punisher was excellent

currently watching patriot on amazon and i find it really funny. its very silly but well done and i like it

i also recently watches goliath which i thought was good
Quote Reply
Re: The Punisher on Netflix [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
i really enjoyed all those. punisher was excellent

currently watching patriot on amazon and i find it really funny. its very silly but well done and i like it

i also recently watches goliath which i thought was good

Goliath was awesome. Waiting for season 2.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I liked Luke Cage- solid Blaxploitation vibe, I thought it was cool.

Daredevil is the best- I really enjoy his moral struggles.

I’ve watched a few episodes of Black Mirror. Damn...

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone watched/watching the 2nd season yet? Lots of good action sequences in this one, decent storyline too that incorporated aspects of the first season but also brought in new storylines/characters.

Doesn't sound like likely there's going to be a 3rd season (Netflix decision), even though the ending was left open for one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loved the first season and I've seen the first episode of season two.
Quote Reply
Re: The Punisher on Netflix [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
I loved the first season and I've seen the first episode of season two.

Just watched S.2,Ep.1. was very good.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes finished it last week. I thought it was very good; as good as JJ and DD if not better. Streets ahead of LC and IF and a step up from S2.

I’m puzzled by the rotten tomatoes critics scores. Last time I checked they wee 50%, vs 85% for audiences.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Anyone watched/watching the 2nd season yet? Lots of good action sequences in this one, decent storyline too that incorporated aspects of the first season but also brought in new storylines/characters.

Doesn't sound like likely there's going to be a 3rd season (Netflix decision), even though the ending was left open for one.

Great great show. Finished it tonight.

Season 2 was much better than Season 1, which was pretty good, but 2 was excellent. Hope we get a Season 3.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: The Punisher on Netflix [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If there is a Season 3, you'll have to watch it on the new Disney paid channel.

My understanding is that Disney has pulled all the marvel liscenses from Netflix. No mas.

Quote Reply
Re: The Punisher on Netflix [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really enjoyed Season 2, but, I thought Season 1 was a little better. The combination of Billy and the Preacher was a bit much. But, I still really enjoyed it.

Am I the only one who thinks Amy (Giorgia Whigham) looks like Imogen Poots? I thought it was Poots at the start of the show, until I got a better look at her. She was great and I really liked the character. I liked how the relationship with Frank developed.

I really thought at the end of the series Frank would go back to see Beth. Then again, Beth may have transported back to the world in which the Nazis won WWII.

Quote Reply