Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pumping Disc Wheels on the fly
Quote | Reply
What do people use for pumping disc wheels when they get a puncture outside on a clincher disc such as the Super 9?
Quote Reply
Re: Pumping Disc Wheels on the fly [higuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
higuy wrote:
What do people use for pumping disc wheels when they get a puncture outside on a clincher disc such as the Super 9?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I carry this everywhere I ride. Allows single-hand operation

Topeak Pressure Rite Presta adapter

Quote Reply
Re: Pumping Disc Wheels on the fly [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does that work with a presta valve pump? Or do people buy a schrader hand pump to use with that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
higuy wrote:
Does that work with a presta valve pump? Or do people buy a schrader hand pump to use with that?

It does. I personally use a Lezyne HP pump, and thread the adapter to the presta valve on my Lezyne HP. Similarly, it attaches to the presta valve on my Blackburn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
higuy wrote:

I've got the Schrader version of that Topeak adapter (mainly because I wasn't paying attention when I ordered it on Amazon....didn't realize it until I already received it). It works fine but can be a PITA to thread on the Schrader adapter to the valve then the 90 adater to the schrader adapter (in that tight space).

I do have a low profile CO2 pump head similar to the poster above (not as nice though but a Genuine Innovations one) that came with a kit I bought that I keep with my emergency kit for my Tri bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Pumping Disc Wheels on the fly [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, an inflator like that; as small as possible. I have the Genuine Innovations Air Chuck Elite.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply