Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMAZ # of Starter/ KQ Slot allocation [asellerg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interestingly, the top 3 amateurs qualified for their pro card, but none of them would have "re-qualified" for their pro card. the 30-34 AG was very, very fast this year. only 2 spots too for the guys, not a great race to KQ unfortunately!
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ # of Starter/ KQ Slot allocation [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In fairness, I'm pretty sure the OP has the answer to his question. Off the top of my head:

Men:

1? 70-74 (I thought it was reallocated but there were finishers)
1 65-69
1 60-65
3 50-54
5 45-49 (1 reallocated)
3? 40-44
3 35-39
2 30-34
1 25-29
1 18-24

I don't remember women at all, sorry.

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://www.triforceteam.com
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ # of Starter/ KQ Slot allocation [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I only just realized on rereading the criteria that you have to requalify with an 8% finish. Lionel made that kinda hard!

Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ # of Starter/ KQ Slot allocation [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.ironman.com/...p;loc=#axzz4z0rifTcY

Just use the filter to scope it for M40-44

LifeTri wrote:
zoom wrote:
In the first year of IM Barcelona, 9 guys in the 40-44 AG went under 9. 26 guys in the same AG went under 9:16. Sometimes the fast guys always seem to sign up for the same race as you :)

asellerg wrote:
Are you the E Schmitt that went 8:57 in my AG (30-34) and didn't qualify? If so, I'm gutted for you. How can there be 2 guys who go sub 9 that don't KQ?

Can you dig up that result? I would love to analyze it.

30-34 year old age group came in 4 our of the top 5 spots. Heck, Clay Emge beat most of the male pro field...and the rest of the guys beat over half or just about half of the pro field.

The good news is that those top guys have their tickets booked...So, if you can go like 9:01 you have a prayer later in the year.

Quote | Reply
Wow, 30-34 had 12 guys go sub 9 hours (with two more missing it by less than 1 min) and 35-39 had 8 guys go sub 9 hours. Is this always a very fast race?

Looking at the pro men only 16 of them went sub 9 hours...I hear there is a lot of talent in Europe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Interestingly, the top 3 amateurs qualified for their pro card, but none of them would have "re-qualified" for their pro card. the 30-34 AG was very, very fast this year. only 2 spots too for the guys, not a great race to KQ unfortunately!

People who complain about these fast AG'ers not going pro need to understand this point. Just because you can get your pro card, doesn't mean you should.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
Wow, 30-34 had 12 guys go sub 9 hours (with two more missing it by less than 1 min) and 35-39 had 8 guys go sub 9 hours. Is this always a very fast race?

Looking at the pro men only 16 of them went sub 9 hours...I hear there is a lot of talent in Europe.

What race results are you looking at?

http://www.ironman.com/...egroup=30-34&loc=

blog
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ # of Starter/ KQ Slot allocation [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is hot? Damn, then Cabos and Kona must be on the surface of the sun...actually, I think they are!

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ # of Starter/ KQ Slot allocation [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

People who complain about these fast AG'ers not going pro need to understand this point. Just because you can get your pro card, doesn't mean you should.

And by that measure, 12 of the 18 male pro finishers didn't requalify for their cards at this race either. That's what can happen when one of the top long course triathletes in the world shows up....
Last edited by: GLindy: Nov 20, 17 19:38
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ # of Starter/ KQ Slot allocation [eschmitt777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 slots in M 55-59, 2nd place declined and 3rd wasn't there. 4th place 11:04 took it.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ # of Starter/ KQ Slot allocation [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am looking at the Barcelona race that was being discussed earlier.

BTW, are you from Pittsburgh?
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ # of Starter/ KQ Slot allocation [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did 50-54 roll down?
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ # of Starter/ KQ Slot allocation [rferic18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think 50-54 rolled at all, no.

Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ # of Starter/ KQ Slot allocation [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cutoff for the swim still stands, it’s the bike cutoffs that kill people. If they start at 7:15 or so, the bike cutoffs are still the same. So the slowest people lose 15min. If they swim a 2:21 the know and pull them regardless of start time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotcha. I thought you were referring to AZ. My apologies.

Yes I’m from Pittsburgh. Born and raised.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a very fast course on 100% closed roads. I've done 11 IMs. Take all the drafting in the other 10, add them all up, and that would equal to one IM Barcelona :)

I'm not a KQ type (10:4x at Barcelona). The course is 2.5 loops out and back, so I got to see all of the pelotons for most of the day, going in the opposite direction. I even got swallowed up and spat out by one as they lapped me. We are talking 20 deep ... maybe 3-5 groups like that and a bunch of smaller ones.

LifeTri wrote:

Quote | Reply
yes, it rolled to 3rd. 1st place didn't take it, 2nd place did, 3rd place took the roll down.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ # of Starter/ KQ Slot allocation [GLindy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GLindy wrote:
stevej wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

And by that measure, 12 of the 18 male pro finishers didn't requalify for their cards at this race either. That's what can happen when one of the top long course triathletes in the world shows up....

which is most races, these days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh bummer. I thought it was 3 spots for 50-54. Buddy finished 4th:(
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ # of Starter/ KQ Slot allocation [rferic18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I think jkhayc is right. I remember it going to 3rd place but I thought there were 2 slots. Sorry for your friend!

Quote Reply

Prev Next