Post deleted by Administrator
Re: Lionel sanders' bike storage [elynch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a bike shop in Ontario, I imagine they service his bike:

http://www.cycle-culture-shop.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3D printed by a local company here.... cycle culture posted something about it a few months back (local shop held by friends).

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
elynch wrote:
Does anyone know what the storage box is on Sanders' bike on the downtube? The sticker on it is for a company called Cycle Culture (I think) but can't seem to find this product.

Lionel has been loyal to the local bike store that first helped him setup his LG bike when he first turned pro. In turn a LBS with shop front in an old General Store from Tecumseh Ontario get their logo on a Kona Podium bike.

One more thing to like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been told that this is a custom one-off that was made for Lionel. Pure guess, here but possibly some input and help from Garneau. The founder of Garneau, Louis Garneau himself, who I know reasonably well, is a classic tinkerer - always trying to come up with solutions and better mouse-traps for things relating to cycling.

There was a Canadian company that made something similar to this a few years back called, The Wedgie. They ceased operations a couple of years ago, but I spoke to the founder, earlier this year, and he was thinking of getting back into it. A quick google search and I found that there still is some Wedgie stock at a Canadian Online Triathlon retailer call Tri-Boutique based in Vancouver, I believe - http://www.triboutique.ca/...-p/wedgie_carbon.htm

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I took a pic of it yesterday. The logo on the side is 3dparts.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel sanders' bike storage [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
I've been told that this is a custom one-off that was made for Lionel. Pure guess, here but possibly some input and help from Garneau. The founder of Garneau, Louis Garneau himself, who I know reasonably well, is a classic tinkerer - always trying to come up with solutions and better mouse-traps for things relating to cycling.

There was a Canadian company that made something similar to this a few years back called, The Wedgie. They ceased operations a couple of years ago, but I spoke to the founder, earlier this year, and he was thinking of getting back into it. A quick google search and I found that there still is some Wedgie stock at a Canadian Online Triathlon retailer call Tri-Boutique based in Vancouver, I believe - http://www.triboutique.ca/...-p/wedgie_carbon.htm

I have the Wedgie unit on my bike and used at the 2017 Barrelman. I would love to order another one. The link you provided goes to the Wedgie but one can not order such an item as an "option" request pops up and there is no option to choose from. Reach out to the founder and let him know some of us are still using this item and would like to order another one.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel sanders' bike storage [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Wedgie unit on my bike and used at the 2017 Barrelman. I would love to order another one. The link you provided goes to the Wedgie but one can not order such an item as an "option" request pops up and there is no option to choose from. Reach out to the founder and let him know some of us are still using this item and would like to order another one.

I'm assuming, that the product may be sold out at this point on that online-tri retailer.

Thanks - yes, I have alerted the founder of the Wedgie to the existence of this thread.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel sanders' bike storage [lakercr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lakercr wrote:
I took a pic of it yesterday. The logo on the side is 3dparts.com

That site is for 3D printing ... Which makes me curious if there is a file for that box floating around somewhere?
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel sanders' bike storage [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His former coach posted in the Kona thread that he designed it.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel sanders' bike storage [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually went more like this...... I gave Lionel some advice relating to aerodynamic gains specifically around that area of the frame and use of a storage box based on evidence I've seen. Call that a concept.... wasn't quite sketched out as a engineering drawing though. Lionel took that info and conveyed it to the great folks at his local bike shop who, as it turned out, knew a local 3D printing firm. Measurements were taken and a few months later you got to see what you saw in Kona.

Hope that helps clarify :)

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel sanders' bike storage [tilburs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My apologies, I must have misinterpreted your post. Thank you for clarifying
Quote Reply