Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

who did turkey trot stroller races this year?
Quote | Reply
Just did my annual pushing the grand kids in the stroller 5K and 10K races.

Started off pushing the 3.5 year old grandson in a single stroller in the 5K. Was able to get another sub 20 at 19:53. Not bad for a 60 year old guy.

I then had a 10 minute change over to grab the 6 and 7 year old granddaughters to push in the 10K with the double stroller. Was a killer since they weigh so much, 5 times I had to totally stop to re-direct the
stroller since I was not able to move it running. Killed my time but oh well, still did a sub 7 pace at 42:30

Darn grand kids are getting big enough that this might be my last year racing them. Was fun to get an interview on TV again.

http://www.kcra.com/...turkey-trot/13802481

So, how did others races go this year? I know the little ones LOVE to be pushed racing!!

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Last edited by: h2ofun: Nov 19, 17 6:28
Quote Reply
Re: who did turkey trot stroller races this year? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would you want to put 6 and 7 year olds in a stroller? Theyŕe old enough to run for themselves, in a kids run for example...
Quote Reply
Re: who did turkey trot stroller races this year? [wilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wilbert wrote:
Why would you want to put 6 and 7 year olds in a stroller? Theyŕe old enough to run for themselves, in a kids run for example...

Why, has been a tradition since they were young. I pushed the first one at 9 weeks old.

We have started to do some "run" races, if you consider 20 minutes a mile "running". I will be running a turkey trot race with the 7 year old on Thanksgiving. We have always been dead last. Our goal this year is to break an hour.

So again why, because we have fun. I did ask them both this year if they wanted to run, or have me push them, and they said they wanted me to push and race. Probably the last year though. All good things must end. :(

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
wilbert wrote:

We have started to do some "run" races, if you consider 20 minutes a mile "running". I will be running a turkey trot race with the 7 year old on Thanksgiving. We have always been dead last. Our goal this year is to break an hour.

20 minutes a mile is a totally acceptabele running pace for a 7 year old ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: who did turkey trot stroller races this year? [wilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wilbert wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
wilbert wrote:

20 minutes a mile is a totally acceptabele running pace for a 7 year old ;-)

I totally agree. We were at like 25 minutes when we raced when she was 5. It just takes us a long time and I feel terrible for all the folks helping at the races that they have to wait SO long for us to show up. This is why we do not do anything longer than a 5K for now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is on Thanksgiving morning with a 2 year old and a 4 year old in a double Bob stroller. We recently got the weather cover for it and man do I hope the weather is decent for it because that this was like a parachute in the wind today. Small price to pay though. Love running with the little ones. Tremblant felt weird last year running and not pushing them ;)
Quote Reply
Re: who did turkey trot stroller races this year? [teebles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teebles wrote:
Mine is on Thanksgiving morning with a 2 year old and a 4 year old in a double Bob stroller. We recently got the weather cover for it and man do I hope the weather is decent for it because that this was like a parachute in the wind today. Small price to pay though. Love running with the little ones. Tremblant felt weird last year running and not pushing them ;)[/quot

I understand the sail impact. Good luck and ley us know how it goes. I am guessing i was pushing close to 150 lbs. I think those race days are over.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave - honest question here...

What do you get out of sharing and posting this? Do you want praise? Do you want to show that you can run a 5k with a stroller under 20 to brag about your speed at 60? I really don’t see a need for you to post so much about yourself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: who did turkey trot stroller races this year? [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
colinlaughery wrote:

What do you get out of sharing and posting this? Do you want praise? Do you want to show that you can run a 5k with a stroller under 20 to brag about your speed at 60? I really don’t see a need for you to post so much about yourself.

Why do you read, let alone respond to posts you do not like?

Quote Reply
Re: who did turkey trot stroller races this year? [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, in similar interesting tidbit fashion.....

I'm about to finish hunting season 14 where I haven't had to take a shit in the woods.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do at least 50% of my training runs with my daughter. Ive done at least 4 or 5 5ks this year with her. We will be doing her second Turkey Trot on Thursday. Last month was the first time I got under 30 min with the stroller. Hoping for a similar time this week.
Quote Reply
Re: who did turkey trot stroller races this year? [jonp9576] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jonp9576 wrote:
I do at least 50% of my training runs with my daughter. Ive done at least 4 or 5 5ks this year with her. We will be doing her second Turkey Trot on Thursday. Last month was the first time I got under 30 min with the stroller. Hoping for a similar time this week.

Fantastic, is it not so much fun. We take pictures with me on the kids, and the wife makes shadow boxes for christmas for each of them with the bid and picture. They love these.
Good luck in your race Thursday

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
colinlaughery wrote:

Because I am not okay with narcissism and I’ll call it out when I feel it’s necessary. Save this for Facebook and get your likes there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, nope, nope. I will happily tow the kids around in the Chariot if we are out biking, but running is my time - and I guard it fiercely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
colinlaughery wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
colinlaughery wrote:

Because I am not okay with narcissism and I’ll call it out when I feel it’s necessary. Save this for Facebook and get your likes there.

I'm with you. But any opinion or advice different than his own falls on deaf ears with him.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
colinlaughery wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
colinlaughery wrote:

Then why don't you take your blog link out of your signature? You are wanting to direct everyone to a page of your own activities. Seems just as narcissistic as Dave, except you're not 60 and running a sub-20 5K with a stroller.
I think Dave mentions a fun family tradition, and yes, while at it, mentions a cool accomplishment, like everyone else writing race reports.

NO
Quote Reply
Re: who did turkey trot stroller races this year? [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alabama Viking wrote:
colinlaughery wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
colinlaughery wrote:

Then why don't you take your blog link out of your signature? You are wanting to direct everyone to a page of your own activities. Seems just as narcissistic as Dave, except you're not 60 and running a sub-20 5K with a stroller.
I think Dave mentions a fun family tradition, and yes, while at it, mentions a cool accomplishment, like everyone else writing race reports.

Valid argument there.

You also might be new to the forums. Take a look back at h20's history and look at his trends/writing on here. It gets old really quick.

Quote Reply
Re: who did turkey trot stroller races this year? [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alabama Viking wrote:
colinlaughery wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
colinlaughery wrote:

Bingo, it seems okay for others to write race reports or talk about things they have done, but for me to do the same, well, just so much fun to watch the folks that think they have the right to tell others what to do.

I hope I can encourage others that if one trains, etc., even when one gets old, one can still have fun, and even do okay, in our sport.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
colinlaughery wrote:
Alabama Viking wrote:
colinlaughery wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
colinlaughery wrote:

Valid argument there.

You also might be new to the forums. Take a look back at h20's history and look at his trends/writing on here. It gets old really quick.

Then why do you read any of my posts, or threads? I sure do not go around reading, let alone attacking, your posts. I have much better things to do

Quote Reply