Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure
Quote | Reply
Not a good Saturday for Boomer-era music: :-(

"David Cassidy is in critical condition.

The former “Partridge Family” star was rushed to a Florida hospital on Wednesday, and has been there since, a rep for Cassidy tells ET.

“His organs are failing,” the rep reveals. “He is currently conscious and surrounded by family.”

Cassidy, 67, has also been suffering with dementia, after being diagnosed with the disease over two years ago. The performer initially kept the disease a secret, but went public after concert footage showed him struggling to recall lyrics."

David Cassidy In Critical Condition After Organ Failure | ETCanada.com

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The brutality of dementia and Alzheimer’s is something I didn’t grasp the magnitude of until recently. I’ve had some recent training and workshops about how to encounter and work with dementia patients as part of my volunteer work, and never had a grip on just how horrific the overall reach of the disease is. We’ll be hearing a lot more of these deaths, as cases f it are apparently expected to increase 40% over the next decade. Robin Williams, Glen Campbell, Malcolm Young, David Cassidy, President Reagan, all titans claimed by dementia that immediately come to mind. And with no hope on the horizon for cures, only better, more comfortable treatment of patients. It’s frightening.

big kahuna wrote:

The former “Partridge Family” star was rushed to a Florida hospital on Wednesday, and has been there since, a rep for Cassidy tells ET.

“His organs are failing,” the rep reveals. “He is currently conscious and surrounded by family.”

Cassidy, 67, has also been suffering with dementia, after being diagnosed with the disease over two years ago. The performer initially kept the disease a secret, but went public after concert footage showed him struggling to recall lyrics."

Quote Reply
Re: David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His multiple DUI's in the recent past may have contributed to his early and rapid decline. It's sad that my childhood crush has deteriorated and will be taken too early...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

What it is with all this dementia shit with the 60 somethings. I'm there and have been paranoid ever since my mom died two years ago at age 90 with it. Every fucking time I can't remember where I left my keys I begin to wonder if I'm getting it. Of course I've been misplacing my keys for the past forty years, but as you get older you do fret a bit more.
Quote Reply
Re: David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every fucking time I can't remember where I left my keys I begin to wonder if I'm getting it. //

Or how about an actor in an old movie you know and love, what was his/her name again? And then hours later when no one is around it just pops into your head? I'm with you man, too many 60 somethings getting this, cancer, Lou Gehrig's disease, and a host of others that I seem to have many of the symptoms for. Of course they are the same ones that just getting old seem to mimic, but every time I have a muscle twitch that wont go away for an hour or two, I think well here comes the Parkinson's....)-;
Quote Reply
Re: David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stress. For a variety of reasons my stress levels right now are as high as they have ever been (financial, being taken to court, house renovation, 2 kids under 4, an apartment that burnt down) I can not think straight and am forgetting really innocuous things but it's simply because I am completely fried mentally.

I can not wait till this is all over
Quote Reply
Re: David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Every fucking time I can't remember where I left my keys I begin to wonder if I'm getting it. Of course I've been misplacing my keys for the past forty years, but as you get older you do fret a bit more.

Yeah, I go to CTE, too

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
His multiple DUI's in the recent past may have contributed to his early and rapid decline. It's sad that my childhood crush has deteriorated and will be taken too early...

I'm guessing that the alcohol did him in more than anything else (Liver and kidney failure). When you get 3 DUIs over 4 years, just imagine how much he has really been drinking. In that last concert of his he was drunk as fuck. I think like any good alcoholic, the "dementia" proclamation was probably something he picked out of a doctor's consult as a perfect way to stay in denial about the booze. Alcoholics let NOTHING get in the way of their addiction and setup very elaborate rationalizations as to why they can continue to drink. He could have picked out a doctor's warning about "alcoholic dementia" and turned it into "I have dementia, so nothing I can do.. might as well get smashed" I know how this works, my mother did exactly this as justification to continue drinking herself to death.
Quote Reply
Re: David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
Every fucking time I can't remember where I left my keys I begin to wonder if I'm getting it. Of course I've been misplacing my keys for the past forty years, but as you get older you do fret a bit more.

Yeah, I go to CTE, too

Me too. I am not much of a drinker, so I can't blame that. My term instead is CRS (Can't Remember Shit)/.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Stress. For a variety of reasons my stress levels right now are as high as they have ever been (financial, being taken to court, house renovation, 2 kids under 4, an apartment that burnt down) I can not think straight and am forgetting really innocuous things but it's simply because I am completely fried mentally.

I can not wait till this is all over

Yeah, good luck w/ that. Different problems (although we have the home reno in common right now*), but I've been saying that same shit for at least the past 15 years. Maybe after the kids have grown up and moved out... Except that's often about the same age & career bracket when you get to start taking on the parents' end-of-life burdens (possibly including dementia); it's like having another kid to be responsible for, except the power dynamic of respect vs responsibility gets to be bass ackwards). Just when you start thinking 'Hey, things are looking up!' some other chunk of shit hits the nearest fan.

* - I don't just mean different problems between yours vs mine, but you'll have your own different problems later than you face now or previously. Like the kids ~ I remember toddlers being a constant handful, and the crippling expense of daycare, but holy fuck are teenagers a whole new frontier of wanting to pull your hair out.
Quote Reply
Re: David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a heavy load.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David Cassidy has left the building:

David Cassidy Dead: Former Pop Idol Dies at 67

David Cassidy died in Florida on Tuesday, November 21, days after he was admitted to hospital suffering organ failure, Us Weekly can confirm.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugh-between my teen idol (Cassidy) and my early morning idol being metaphorically dead (Charlie Rose), this has not been a good week so far for me :-(

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
Ugh-between my teen idol (Cassidy) and my early morning idol being metaphorically dead (Charlie Rose), this has not been a good week so far for me :-(

I read an article some months ago about the aging (former) teen idol and superstar rock bands out there who are steadily fading away. Big names from the Boomer era (60s and 70s) of music. Most are superannuated to a greater or lesser degree nowadays, and some rock groups -- such as Foreigner -- may not feature even a single original member on occasion at this point, while others spend only short amounts of time on the road, on the lucrative so-called "nostalgia circuit," due to their age and infirmities.

Paul McCartney, for example, is nearly 76, and Ringo Starr will be 78. Cassidy, at age 67, was a relative spring chicken and too young, granted, except that he'd abused his body for years with a cavalier lifestyle. Tom Petty was a youthful 66 when a heart attack felled him.

More examples: Don Henley and Joe Walsh of the Eagles -- probably the most successful band, revenue-wise, on the nostalgia circuit -- are both 70. Glenn Frey, who's already gone (no pun intended), would have been 70 next year. Neil Young is 72. The list of the great and once-great rock stars and bands who are heading into their golden years is endless. Even some of the top bands of the early 90s rock, metal, grunge and alternative era have members who are moving into their 50s or are already well-ensconced there (Metallica, Pearl Jam, Nirvana/Foo Fighters and more).

Time waits for no one, to quote the old Rolling Stones song from 1974 (Keith Richards and Mick Jagger, both age 74), and it catches up with all of us eventually. But that still doesn't lessen the sting it delivers as it takes away from each of us in ways both large and small.

As to these foolish men who can't seem to keep it in their pants... well, that's a different story.

Last edited by: big kahuna: Nov 22, 17 2:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Foo Fighters

Saw them three weeks ago. Dave Grohl played for just shy of three hours straight (band took 5 minute break). He is still going strong -- only 48 y/o. Don't lump him with the geriatrics.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:
Foo Fighters

Saw them three weeks ago. Dave Grohl played for just shy of three hours straight (band took 5 minute break). He is still going strong -- only 48 y/o. Don't lump him with the geriatrics.

Heh. Just saying that they're getting up in the years. Definitely not geriatric, though. ;-)

Hey, whatever happened to Roger Daltrey's refrain: "Hope I die before I get old."

Oh, that's right... he got old (age 73).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
H- wrote:
Quote:
Foo Fighters

Heh. Just saying that they're getting up in the years. Definitely not geriatric, though. ;-)

Hey, whatever happened to Roger Daltrey's refrain: "Hope I die before I get old."

"Only the good die young."

Although I like Billy Joel (age 68).

This could explain Bobby Sherman (age 74).

Although Ms. Tostig was more of a Bobby Sherman than David Cassidy (RIP) fan in the early '70's.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
H- wrote:
Quote:
Foo Fighters

"Only the good die young."

Although I like Billy Joel (age 68).

This could explain Bobby Sherman (age 74).

Although Ms. Tostig was more of a Bobby Sherman than David Cassidy (RIP) fan in the early '70's.

Looks like Joel hit on the right formula for a long life. Laugh with the sinners and avoid crying with the saints. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Danny's gonna be a fucking mess

Quote:
I have known, loved, and admired David Cassidy for 48 out of my 58 years. He has been as kind to me as any real brother could ever be. We’ve been through a lot together and he was always there for me. This loss is huge. RIP my dear friend.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Danny's gonna be a bigger fucking mess

Quote:
I have known, loved, and admired David Cassidy for 48 out of my 58 years. He has been as kind to me as any real brother could ever be. We’ve been through a lot together and he was always there for me. This loss is huge. RIP my dear friend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: David "Partridge Family" Cassidy in Critical Condition After Organ Failure [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Danny's gonna be a bigger fucking mess

Quote:

True dat. Hey; didn't Danny beat Donny Osmond's behind in a celebrity boxing match back in the day? ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Respect to the deceased, but holy shit Botox should be eradicated from cosmetic use!

RandMart wrote:
Danny's gonna be a fucking mess

Quote:

Quote Reply