Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another Church Shooting
Quote | Reply
A husband and wife pair was accidentally shot in a Tennessee church after discussing church shootings with members of their place of worship.

When someone asked if any of the guests had brought a gun to their church, an unidentified man in his Eighties told the group, “I carry my handgun everywhere,”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-accidentally-shoots-himself-and-wife-in-church-while-discussing-recent-church-shooting/ar-BBF4xOm?li=BBnbcA1

That's it. No more going to church for me.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Church Shooting [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like the sort of situation where that should be the end of him being able to own firearms of any sort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
After it went off, the gun owner hit himself in the hand and his wife – who is also in her Eighties – in the abdomen...

“Just want to let Everyone know that there was a shooting in town today. But it was not an active shooter situation. It was an accidentally discharged handgun,” the Tellico Plains Police Department said in a statement on Facebook. “No other people were harmed in this accident.”[/quote]

Can we please pass a law giving wives Personhood status already? Sheesh.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
80 years old and he doesn't know better than to pull the trigger. Yeah, may be time to take away his guns.

Somebody else walked up and said, ‘Can I see it?'” Parks said. “He pulled it back out and said, ‘With this loaded indicator, I can tell that it’s not loaded.’ ” The man pulled the trigger to prove it was not loaded but he “just forgot that he re-chambered the weapon,” Parks said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are we sure this was accidental? Maybe his wife had been nagging him too much.

Oops!

There’s a reason why I don’t take Mrs. Duffy to the range. :)

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply