Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dalian Wanda and the World Marathon Majors
Quote | Reply
Looks like Wanda Sports Holdings is expanding their reach.

https://www.worldmarathonmajors.com/...rld-championships-1/

Charity is injurious unless it helps the recipient to become independent of it. John D. Rockefeller Sr.
Quote Reply
Re: Dalian Wanda and the World Marathon Majors [DeVinci13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks to me like the WTC points system for pros getting into Kona, only with no prize money on the line, But you get 4000 points if you are the AG winner!!! That and 4 bucks gets you a Starbucks coffee.

Unless I missed something, it just looks like a system to get people to do more of their races leading up to their championship race. Guess if you think getting a series ranking for their races is cool or important, go for it..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, looks like they're simply trying to tap into the wallets of higher-earning Type As. Sound familiar.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
by putting the race in spring 2020, are they trying to pry runners away from Boston? Or is this to avoid losing the crowd who would go to Tokyo to spectate?

I think this time based point system is helping to kill the fun (read: hard) races on the WTC circuit because that AWA seeking crowd is larger than we STers would like. I guess these marathons are large enough that 99% of people won't care but for something so big, one would think they could adopt the USAT system which I think is more fair.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Last edited by: hadukla: Nov 17, 17 5:28
Quote Reply