Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Canadians' addiction to the LR is out of control
Quote | Reply
Please, we continue to enjoy your jealousy-tinged swipes at all things America. Stay safe out there, we'll still be here when you're home typing safely...

http://www.bbc.com/...d-us-canada-42002997
Quote Reply
Re: Canadians' addiction to the LR is out of control [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is it about Americans' obsession with Canadians' alleged addiction to the lavender room?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.."Police had "a lengthy conversation about road safety" with the driver.."

Well that's the end of it, nothing more to see here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Please, we continue to enjoy your jealousy-tinged swipes at all things America. Stay safe out there, we'll still be here when you're home typing safely...

http://www.bbc.com/...d-us-canada-42002997

What else do they have to do in the fall and winter? Hump a caribou or an elk or something? ;-) ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Canadians' addiction to the LR is out of control [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Last year I got the full $380ish ticket (close to $500 with points upon insurance renewal) for sending a text in gridlock traffic. The officer was walking up between the lines of cars, snapping pictures of people on their phone as he snuck up behind us.

Love how I got a ticket for that, while this D bag gets a fucking warning for playing a video game while driving. That kind of inconsistency drives me insane.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadians' addiction to the LR is out of control [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Last year I got the full $380ish ticket (close to $500 with points upon insurance renewal) for sending a text in gridlock traffic. The officer was walking up between the lines of cars, snapping pictures of people on their phone as he snuck up behind us.
Ouch! My friends told me the fine in Portland can be upward of $1k just for touching the phone.

Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Ouch! My friends told me the fine in Portland can be upward of $1k just for touching the phone.

Yeah, here it's the act of grasping the handheld device that gets you in trouble. If you have a $20 clip thing that holds your phone, you could be playing angry birds while driving down the highway and not be doing anything illegal. Makes sense....

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So sad

Re: Canadians' addiction to the LR is out of control [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ontario has tightened up the fines as well - $490 for using phone - even if stuck in traffic. $1000 if you choose to go to court and lose.

As painful as such large fines can be I completely support them and police being tough on this. Cell phone/texting use while driving is the new drunk driving. As often as not, its the young inexperienced drivers doing it. Last week I almost got it head-on from a F-150 driven by a 'young lady'. She never raised her eyes from her lap as she drifted and took 50% of my lane. I had to swerve into shoulder.

Hell, I'd be for criminal charges equivalent to a DUI and/or loss of car for 12 months if it would reduce the incidence.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Canadians' addiction to the LR is out of control [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Ontario has tightened up the fines as well - $490 for using phone - even if stuck in traffic. $1000 if you choose to go to court and lose.

As painful as such large fines can be I completely support them and police being tough on this. Cell phone/texting use while driving is the new drunk driving. As often as not, its the young inexperienced drivers doing it. Last week I almost got it head-on from a F-150 driven by a 'young lady'. She never raised her eyes from her lap as she drifted and took 50% of my lane. I had to swerve into shoulder.

Hell, I'd be for criminal charges equivalent to a DUI and/or loss of car for 12 months if it would reduce the incidence.
Here in LA people are constantly on phones talking or texting. Many of the talkers may have the phone to the ear but most have them in hand on speaker. No difference. Folks even do the same while out in public not paying attention to their surroundings. For as broke as this county claims to be, cracking on this nonsense would generate a tremendous amount of revenue. Put down the phones people!

Quote | Reply
But the good news is that Canadians can only drive an automobile May-August.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadians' addiction to the LR is out of control [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:

Wow that's 2 amazing "it snows in Canada" jokes, lol your a regular Louis CK!
Quote Reply
Re: Canadians' addiction to the LR is out of control [macbain_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
macbain_tri wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

Wow that's 2 amazing "it snows in Canada" jokes, lol your a regular Louis CK!

You are one sharp cookie.
Quote Reply