Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ferry McFerryFace
Quote | Reply
Really Australians? Can't think of anything original? Worst #meToo ever. Really looks good on ya mate!
Quote Reply
Re: Ferry McFerryFace [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Really Australians? Can't think of anything original? Worst #meToo ever. Really looks good on ya mate!

It's even worse than you think. That was the 2nd placed vote. Guess what was 1st.
Quote Reply
Re: Ferry McFerryFace [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know Boaty McGodammedBoatFace! Face palm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:

I may be in the minority on this but they can have both. The mcwhateverface is annoying.

Stay off my lawn.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Ferry McFerryFace [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

I may be in the minority on this but they can have both. The mcwhateverface is annoying.

Stay off my lawn.

I don't get it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ferry McFerryFace [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 1st time it was 'cute', now it's just stupid. Has it occurred to anyone that the name may have been bot voted to the top?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
The 1st time it was 'cute', now it's just stupid. Has it occurred to anyone that the name may have been bot voted to the top?

WHAT?!?!?!?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:

I don't even remember what the context this was introduced in, I just remember thinking it wasn't funny at the time and I don't think it's improved with age.
Quote Reply
Re: Ferry McFerryFace [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some stupid boat naming online thing. Boaty McBoatface "won" and was rejected.

Since then, because nobody has an original thought any more, whatever McWhateverface is suggested for any online naming contest.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Ferry McFerryFace [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Some stupid boat naming online thing. Boaty McBoatface "won" and was rejected.

Since then, because nobody has an original thought any more, whatever McWhateverface is suggested for any online naming contest.

Boaty McBoatface was rejected because there is already a Boaty McBoatface in the UK which was also a public vote.
and then there's Sweden's new express train called..... TrainyMcTrainFace.

btw, I work with the company that is running these ferries, and we are aghast at he name. but alas, we are not the deciders of the name, that's with the Transport for NSW.

but if t's called FerrMc whatever over our busy summer and festive season, then reverts to a more appropriate long term name, then that's good.
Maybe stick to the silly name till Australia Day 26 January 2018, which is when the Australian of the Year is announced, then use their name for the ferry as recognition.
See, now that sounds like Win - Win to me.
Quote Reply