Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

(Random) Garth Brooks World Tour
Quote | Reply
If you have a chance, go. Go and don't think twice about it. I went tonight and was blown away. Not to mention he sold out 7 shows during this week here in a matter of hours (or maybe it was less).

I don't really know what else to say other than I'm blown away. It's totally easy to see just why he is as recognized and acclaimed as he is. Totally amazing show

A couple really cool moments-

A lady was holding up a sign with a song request. On the sign- "MOM- Not for my mom, but for my son Taylor." She was a little bit away from him, so he asks everyone to quiet down, so he yells over to her, and in a very polite way asks how her son is doing. She responded with "He isn't here today like he was going to be." "He bows his head, and I don't know if I could repeat word for word what he said, but there was hardly a dry eye in the pace. At the end he said, very quietly and respectfully, "XXX(her name), I can tell you full well that your son is here tonight." And then played the song for her. Maybe to many it wasn't much, but to everyone there it was amazing.

Another of the touching stories was another lady, front row, holding a little orange 8.5x11 paper. All it said, written simply in Sharpie, was "I've been living with breast cancer, and dying to meet Garth Brooks :)" Well he went over, sat down, dangled his legs off the stage, and sang right to her for the etirety of the song. He grabs her hands, looks at her, hands her his guitar, and walked away. I'd say she got her wish :)

Of course a musician can only do so much, but when he saw an opportunity to do what he could, as little as it was, he did.
Quote Reply
Re: (Random) Garth Brooks World Tour [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went a few months ago and the experience was similar. My daughter, who's been to the concerts you would expect a 23 year-old to go to, cynically came with us. About 20 minutes in she looked at us and said, "I don't even know what I'm watching. This man is unbelievable," The energy/passion/commitment he puts into his shows is unreal. The man is absolutely an entertainer and I think he's all in every time he takes the stage.
Quote Reply
Re: (Random) Garth Brooks World Tour [go so slow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m younger as well, a few years more so than your daughter, so I️ didn’t “grow up,” with Garth like a lot of people there. But I’ve been listening to country for 6 or 7 years now and enjoy Garth, Strait, Jones etc.

But hearing him and watching him in person was something I couldn’t have ever anticipated the feeling of.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the very same experience, except that I didn’t see it in person. I saw the July 2016 Yankee Stadium concert when it was broadcast on DirecTV a few months later.

To be honest, prior to the concert, I had never been a huge fan of country music, and didn’t know any of Garth Brooks’ music, but I was floored by that show. The quality of the production and the musical talent was unlike anything I had ever seen. The interaction with the crowd was perhaps the biggest surprise. At every rock concert to which I had ever been, never had the band involved the audience into the show as much as Garth Brooks did. The guy is a master entertainer.

I recorded the concert, put the concert audio on my iPod to listen to while running (which I’ve done dozens of times), and even learned to play a bunch of his songs on guitar. I look back and say “thank goodness” I tuned into the concert. If I hadn’t, I would have missed out on some great music that is now among my very favorite, and will continue to entertain me for years to come.
Last edited by: Jim @ LOTO, MO: Nov 13, 17 17:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw him last year in Denver and it was the best concert I've ever been to. The amount of hits he has is staggering.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a huge country fan, but bought tickets for my wife for mothers day like 2 years ago. Literally last row tickets all the way in the back. We were waiting and a guy came sit and started chatting me up. Handed me 2 tickets. Garth reserves the first 3 rows and just hands out tickets to hose with not so great seats. Best "show" I've ever been to (I may like other concert experiences more, but thats due to my musical tastes). He's got hit after hit and he really makes it a good time. Worst part was having to make sure he didn't sweat on you, haha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wife is a huge fan and I enjoyed his first 2 cds. Went to see him in Louisville, and yes it is one of the best shows you will ever see. Only bad part was Trisha Yearwood was sick that night and didn't perform with him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did he sing live or lip synch? :-)

He's playing 6 or 7 nights here in December. I might go if I get tickets from my Preds rep.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same experience here. Saw him in Dallas and he was great.

See this video for a real tear jerker from one of his concerts

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=veCRhOCwNEs
Quote Reply