Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dating in the current hysterical climate.... [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing I think isn’t being stressed enough, I’ve been trying to make this point in a couple of other threads and getting flamed for it btw, is that victims need to go to the police right away.

We need to teach people, women especially in the case of rape, that they have to report the crime immediately.

It’s horrible what happened to your family member but by her not going to the police right away her rapist is free and victimize others (and continues to victimize your family member).

Every time I have said this people say I’m “blaming the victim”.

So be it. I’m tired of trying to defend it.

I’m also tired of rapists raping over and over again because victims don’t speak up.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Dating in the current hysterical climate.... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I think there are some key differences between men and women and our appendages or lack thereof may actually be at the center of it.

Being a woman would be weird as hell. I, as a straight male, can't really imagine the idea of having someone else "go inside of me". The thought weirds me out, I can't imagine it being pleasant and would find it disturbing for someone else to have their body part inside of me.

As a male I have an appendage that I can put in other people, but nothing goes inside of me. Luckily for me, in my psyche that is much preferable.

If a woman hits on me, she is not suggesting/threatening to put herself inside of me, she is essentially asking me to do that to her. She is asking for me to do something "to her" not "have something done to me". Now I realize that men can be raped if they are intoxicated or otherwise unable to stop the process. But it still seems different in that the woman wants that man inside her, he is not being forced to have something inside of him. This may be where some of the difference comes between different genders reactions to sexual advances. I was hit on relentlessly at a previous job and if I hadn't had qualms about sex with married women I would have had no issue giving her what she was asking for. Not sure I would have felt the same if I was a woman.

Going back to your point. I can't imagine it is pleasant to discuss how someone forced themselves inside you, or to have someone else examine the inside if you after that forced penetration. Also we all tend to think we can forget things if we just don't think about them. All of this leads to women not reporting. Yes, of course they should. But it still seems more embarrassing for a woman to get examined and have to describe someone going into them rather than a man who is raped and is now just mad that someone used his tool without his consent.
Quote Reply
Re: Dating in the current hysterical climate.... [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was once drugged and had things put insid me by at least two women.

No big deal, to me at least.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Yeah but you pseudo work for the EPA so you are accustomed to sitting around with your thumb up your ass!
Quote Reply
Re: Dating in the current hysterical climate.... [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A-A-Ron wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Yeah but you pseudo work for the EPA so you are accustomed to sitting around with your thumb up your ass!

I don’t work for any government agency.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
One thing I think isn’t being stressed enough, I’ve been trying to make this point in a couple of other threads and getting flamed for it btw, is that victims need to go to the police right away.

We need to teach people, women especially in the case of rape, that they have to report the crime immediately.

It’s horrible what happened to your family member but by her not going to the police right away her rapist is free and victimize others (and continues to victimize your family member).

Every time I have said this people say I’m “blaming the victim”.

So be it. I’m tired of trying to defend it.

I’m also tired of rapists raping over and over again because victims don’t speak up.

I am so with you on this Duffy. In my circumstances the rapist was a guy she knew. She considered him a friend and there had never been anything sexual between them before. PTSD is what I think she and others experience but I am no doc...

So here's a idea and I am going to give it to all of you on the hope that you donate 10% of your profits to charity. Develop an app. Call it "I consent". The app is a simple contract that people would have on their phone that states they agree the hookup between parties A and parties B is consensual. The app should take 60 seconds to fill out. It isn't sexy. It isn't cool, but if sure beats having the cops knock at your door and it would remove any doubt. Not the end all to the problem but it's a start.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Dating in the current hysterical climate.... [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Here’s what I think is going on...
normal male to female courting behavior is now being lumped in with predatory behavior.
That’s where this is all going.

Hey, you are onto something... Made me think/worry about my upcoming 'decisive' date tomorrow, where I plan to let her know my feelings about her.

Just in case we might hit it off, I think I am going to bring (in addition to gum and condoms):

A waiver for her to sign and my phone to record everything that is preceding any nudity.

Is that sufficient* or did I forget anything?

*(I thought about bringing along legal counsel and his wife, but maybe that would be a little bit over the top?)

The problem with these culture wars is that we lose so many people to psychosis -- on both sides. Stay strong!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In response to Duffy and Trail....why is it those who claim that they "Know how to speak to women" are the ones who are typically perceived as the creepers.....weird...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:

Sounds like what I get to hear about relationships where the partners are not at comparable levels (regarding power, intelligence, status, etc.).
These relationships normally do go (down) quite smoothly...either way.
But that's not the type of relationship I would find desirable or wanted to be in.
I need partner who can stand her ground within reason and can hold her own (yes, I am a masochist).

Nevertheless, you totally missed the point of my original post.
Right over your head (the bigger one).

I already posted my little short story about how that date could pan out under the current circumstances (if you'd ever find yourself in a position or situation that could possibly be exploitable).
This sentence struck a chord with me. I didn't get married until mid 30's. Almost all the earlier relationships ended because the relationship got kinda dull. It was like the relationship would, after a while, start rotating around my life. Eventually I found a hot DC Lawyer that was wicked smart and full of gumption. So I began a long campaign to marry the girl. And now our oldest boy just entered started HS.

She's full of moxie tho. She runs the house. It's pretty rare that I say "no, that's not acceptable". 99% of the things around the house and general family stuff, I just don't have strong feelings about. I really like being married to an assertive power-chick type. There were girls that looked like fashion models, there were girls that were amazing in the rack, but I got bored with them. Power-chicks rule.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Dating in the current hysterical climate.... [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like Mrs. Duffy in a lot of ways. She’s not a lawyer though.

Quote:
99% of the things around the house and general family stuff, I just don't have strong feelings about.

Same here. But the 1% that I do care about is absolute and my decisions are final.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next