Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Google Pixelbook?
Quote | Reply
Anyone got one? How is it? I'm 90% sure I want one for everyday/travel use away from my home machine.

https://store.google.com/...6kstcCFUNkwQodDSUEWg

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Google Pixelbook? [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be interested if it was about 1/2 the price . . . especially considering the software that comes with it is all free
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought about one, but couldn't justify the price. I ended up going with the Samsung Chromebook Pro.

I have a laptop through work which I use for more serious work, but the Chromebook is great for pretty much everything else. Long battery life, I can stream movies, flip the keyboard to use like a tablet, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Google Pixelbook? [frosty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frosty wrote:
I thought about one, but couldn't justify the price. I ended up going with the Samsung Chromebook Pro.

I have a laptop through work which I use for more serious work, but the Chromebook is great for pretty much everything else. Long battery life, I can stream movies, flip the keyboard to use like a tablet, etc.

I looked at the Chromebook Pro, but the specs on the Pixelbook are so much better, which is why I am seriously considering it.

Jim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am curious what you are planning to do with your Pixelbook that requires the higher spec? I was a little worried about future-proofing (processor, memory, screen), but at the price of the Pixelbook, I could buy the Chromebook now and buy a second similarly-priced netbook in three years time.
Quote Reply
Re: Google Pixelbook? [frosty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frosty wrote:
I am curious what you are planning to do with your Pixelbook that requires the higher spec? I was a little worried about future-proofing (processor, memory, screen), but at the price of the Pixelbook, I could buy the Chromebook now and buy a second similarly-priced netbook in three years time.

I was worried mostly about future proofing. The most hardware intensive thing I will do will be light video editing.

Jim

Quote Reply