Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doug Jones is blanketing the tv and radio airwaves with ads about the Shelby rejection. These and all his ads seem very effective to me.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what did moore think of trumps charlottesville episode?
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
what did moore think of trumps charlottesville episode?

I didn't hear any ads about that. Though I will admit that after listening to a couple of ads I started turning off the radio as soon as one came on - which was just about every commercial break.
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Doug Jones is blanketing the tv and radio airwaves with ads about the Shelby rejection. These and all his ads seem very effective to me.

Just a general comment on political ads.

The fact that any of them can be effective in swaying votes is just sad and frightening.

People who are manipulatable by these ads really shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doug Jones leading by 10 points among likely voters in latest Fox poll:

http://www.foxnews.com/...oore-in-alabama.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Doug Jones leading by 10 points among likely voters in latest Fox poll:

http://www.foxnews.com/...oore-in-alabama.html

Yeah, this is why:

"Greater party loyalty plus higher interest in the election among Democrats combined with more enthusiasm among Jones supporters gives him the advantage in the race to fill the U.S. Senate seat previously held by U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions."

Sheesh.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
H- wrote:

The fact that any of them can be effective in swaying votes is just sad and frightening.

I think most people are immune when they hear them a couple times. But by the time you have heard them 183 times it becomes, 'well people are saying...' and you forget that the only people saying are politicians.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
H- wrote:

I think most people are immune when they hear them a couple times. But by the time you have heard them 183 times it becomes, 'well people are saying...' and you forget that the only people saying are politicians.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
H- wrote:

I feel like someone said that sometime before.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure how Moore thinks this helps him, but he must think it will. To me it just reminds me of his unhealthy interest in teenage girls.

http://www.al.com/....html#incart_m-rpt-2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a former Alabama voter, I'm interested to see how tomorrow turns out. My wife and I have bet on the outcome.

Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [MOP_Roy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it's going to be fascinating. If Moore wins, the ensuing train crash in Washington will be hard to turn away from, like a roadside car crash. If Jones wins, seeing Trump squirm out of another failed endorsement will be almost as entertaining.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moore needs to be voted down and then get a better tax deal for middle america.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Not sure how Moore thinks this helps him, but he must think it will. To me it just reminds me of his unhealthy interest in teenage girls.

http://www.al.com/....html#incart_m-rpt-2

LOL.

Latest ad I heard this evening on radio was just fantastic. Doug Jones just talking himself. Starts off saying, "Now Roy Moore is calling me names, so I have to set the record straight." He goes on to state his position on a number of issues -- basically a good ole blue dog democrat. He says he will not answer to Chuck Shumer, Nancy Pelosi, or anyone in Washington, only to the people of Alabama.

His speaking manner is very calm and measured. Very likable. So despite what Duffy said above about ads, I think these ads matter, and they should matter -- they are simply the candidate stating his position on issues and communicating with us.

\

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [MOP_Roy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
As a former Alabama voter, I'm interested to see how tomorrow turns out. My wife and I have bet on the outcome.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are three possible outcomes:

1) Jones wins, conservative state elects a Democrat
2) Moore wins and keeps his seat, Alabama maintains two conservative Republican Senators
3) Moore wins and the Senate refuses to seat him, Republican Governor appoints another conservative Republican to take his place

Honestly, there's no reason for conservatives to vote Jones, and I think most people have figured this out by now.

I have no doubt he'll win tomorrow.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Dec 11, 17 17:17
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4. He wins and the senate accepts him, only his is under investigation. He will continue to lie about his past, and may even get away with it legally since it was a very long time ago, statute of limitations and all.

Just take a look at Cosby, he is skating right now because most all of his rapes were outside the time frame to prosecute. Moore has no shame so will just continue to lie, and vote the way they all want him to vote, and the pressure will come off at some point. He will have won in every respect of the word. This is what I think is going to happen.

Now come election time it remains to be seen if the entire Republican Party can be painted with his face with the orange dons right behind him. But that is exactly what the Dems are going to do and then hope the base is just too small to elect in most purple or barley red leaning districts and states..
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure Moore is going to win - it's the new grimy ultra-conservative strategy - suck all the oxygen out of an election and steal all the media attention with titillating antics - Trump did it daily during 2016. Hillary and Bernie could hardly get a word in edgewise.
Quote Reply
Re: Even Moore sexual misconduct allegations [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only care about 2 possible outcomes (Moore wins / Jones wins) and the insight it gives to the priorities of the Alabama voter. One outcome will only add to my prexisting opinion of my former home state. Hope springs eternal for the decency of the electorate; however, my money is not in on that particular horse.

What happens after the election is rather meaningless to me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next