Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

When does it stop ?
Quote | Reply
I didn't see this posted and was surprised. How do so many investigations seem to end up like this.

https://www.google.com/...sage-trnd/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: When does it stop ? [Dan Os Fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Os Fan wrote:
I didn't see this posted and was surprised. How do so many investigations seem to end up like this.https://www.google.com/...sage-trnd/index.html[/quote[/url]]

Saw that this morning. STupid seems to be epidemic out there.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Air Force academy is only 30 min south of where I live and most people thought something fishy was going on. I have a friend who went there for a year and he said it was very strict and any type of delinquent behavior is not tolerated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't see this when I posted a related thread.

You're asking when craven ploys for attention and sympathy will end? When the last of our species dies out, is when.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: When does it stop ? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I find interesting and reassuring about this incident and the other one sphere referred to in his post is that at least there was at least some due process in the end. Someone in authority at least considered these were made up accusations.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan Os Fan wrote:
I didn't see this posted and was surprised. How do so many investigations seem to end up like this.

https://www.google.com/...sage-trnd/index.html

Apparently, the AF Academy Prep School cadet did it thinking he'd somehow duck his impending expulsion or set back or whatever it is he was being rung up for prior to scrawling those words. If he's that stupid then he shouldn't even be allowed to come close to a military officer's commission. I can imagine the trouble he'd have gotten himself into down the road, when he had responsibility for leading and directing subordinates.

You're right: a TON of these incidents turn out to be hoaxes. Much the same thing turned out to be a hoax around these parts just a couple weeks ago, over at Eastern Michigan University. Same social justice warrior scenario: Black person writes racist graffiti, school goes into full-on meltdown mode, lectures everyone else about the need to check their privilege -- whatever the hell that is -- and orders sensitivity training for perceived transgressor races (i.e. white folks ;-) and offers so-called "safe space" for the transgressed.

College administrators and educators these days have almost no backbone when it comes to these things. Typically, due process and a calm, complete and competent investigation goes right out the window, too.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: When does it stop ? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
You're asking when craven ploys for attention and sympathy will end? When the last of our species dies out, is when.

x2
Quote Reply