Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Question on SwimRun races [baliman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd do swimrun Bahamas :)
Quote Reply
Re: Question on SwimRun races [baliman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The people who were hypothermic likely moved too slow. No one in the frontt 2/3 of the field had these issues. We will be much stricter next year who we let in. And folks who get pulled, drop out* or do not finish sub 6 hours will need to finish another swimrun before applying again to ours.

* If a team drops out that has previously placed well we will let them back in. And we will reserve judgment case by case
Last edited by: Herbert: Nov 14, 17 6:23
Quote Reply
Re: Question on SwimRun races [marcbarton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'll second what Marcus said. traveling for a swimrun is very convenient. no checked bags needed. the larger Orca backpack in the photo below had all the racing equipment i needed for Ă–TILLĂ–.

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply
Re: Question on SwimRun races [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert:
"I would be shocked actually if someone who did SwimRun NC felt that they did not get their money’s worth"

So would I. I've done SwimRun NC both years and feel that it is a very well run event by volunteer race directors, you definitely get a great return on race fee investment. Great swag, the best post race meal you will ever find, beautiful setting, friendly competitors, awesome race pics that you don't have to buy (just give credit to photographers). Think of what you spend on a 70.3 (which for many of us is a race of similar duration) and it is a bargain.
Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Blog: https://swimbikerunrinserepeat.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Question on SwimRun races [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
I heard they will be adding a bike segment soon. Everybody will get e-bikes because biking is hard.

Try it...then make a feeble attempt to shit on it. It 'aint like triathlon. Not a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Question on SwimRun races [elwoodblues] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol. You've got no idea what I've done or not done. Don't ever assume. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Question on SwimRun races [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TennesseeJed wrote:
Herbert wrote:
I recommend highly to folks to actually try a SwimRun before making wise comments about it.

Gladly! We need more swimrun races in the U.S. first though!!!

SwimRun Boston Harbor Islands - new for June 16, 2018
SwimRun Casco Bay Islands - 3rd year, Aug. 12, 2018
SwimRun San Juan Islands - new for Sept. 23, 2018
Quote Reply
Re: Question on SwimRun races [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
The people who were hypothermic likely moved too slow. No one in the frontt 2/3 of the field had these issues. We will be much stricter next year who we let in. And folks who get pulled, drop out* or do not finish sub 6 hours will need to finish another swimrun before applying again to ours.

* If a team drops out that has previously placed well we will let them back in. And we will reserve judgment case by case

Only two of 190 teams withdrew from SwimRun Casco Bay Islands due to hypothermia in 2017. Prepared....and tough most were.
Quote Reply
Re: Question on SwimRun races [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
lol. You've got no idea what I've done or not done. Don't ever assume. ;)

No assumption needed, you affirmatively expressed a cynically sarcastic view. = shit on.
Quote Reply
Re: Question on SwimRun races [elwoodblues] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elwoodblues wrote:
TennesseeJed wrote:
Herbert wrote:
I recommend highly to folks to actually try a SwimRun before making wise comments about it.

Gladly! We need more swimrun races in the U.S. first though!!!

SwimRun Boston Harbor Islands - new for June 16, 2018
SwimRun Casco Bay Islands - 3rd year, Aug. 12, 2018
SwimRun San Juan Islands - new for Sept. 23, 2018

Yea, I know more and more are popping up... This is exciting! Living in Wisconsin, I am holding out for a race in Minnesota or Wisconsin, which I imagine is on the horizon. You'd think the Land of 10,000 Lakes (Minnesota) would be able to host a good course once the demand is there. My point is more they are few and far between and that I am hoping to try one once one comes around that does not require a long flight and lodging expenses.
Quote Reply
Re: Question on SwimRun races [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today is your lucky day!

Ignite SwimRun Minnesota

https://www.igniteswimrun.com/minnesota

Held in the Cuyuna Lakes Recreation Area.
Beautiful site!

The lakes:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jaNJoPIyHP0&feature=youtu.be

The run will utilize the mountain bike trails.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7DOvDS1PD0o&feature=youtu.be

Last edited by: Will132: Feb 1, 18 6:18
Quote Reply

Prev Next