Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can you top these with your local election results?
Quote | Reply
The indicted mayor of Pennsylvania’s third-largest city won a fourth term despite facing federal corruption charges that could land him in prison.

A 93-year-old World War II veteran upset an incumbent New Jersey mayor who was seeking a second term.

Why are we so stupid?
Quote Reply
Re: Can you top these with your local election results? [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two words - Marion Barry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

1. The indicted mayor of Pennsylvania’s third-largest city won a fourth term despite facing federal corruption charges that could land him in prison.

2. A 93-year-old World War II veteran upset an incumbent New Jersey mayor who was seeking a second term.

Why are we so stupid?

Why are you lumping #1 & #2 together. #1 is obviously stupid. #2 is not so cut & dried......

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The indicted mayor of Pennsylvania’s third-largest city won a fourth term despite facing federal corruption charges that could land him in prison.

Reminds me of what happens every year in the Philippines and Thailand. As long as they hand out cash, they will win. It's really becoming harder and harder to separate the U.S elections from those in corrupt 3rd world countries.

A 93-year-old World War II veteran upset an incumbent New Jersey mayor who was seeking a second term.

I don't know who the mayor is but I'd likely vote for a 93-year old WW2 vet over a good portion of those holding office today.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

Why are we so stupid?
All you need to know. Although I find it amusing he's a Chicago native. As corrupt as we are (I think ranked 6th-most corrupt State in the country), there are still those to whom we must bow.

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply