Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Low Cost Buoyancy Jammers - PSA
Quote | Reply
I wanted to try a pair of buoyancy shorts before buying them but the communal ones at my pool were all too small.

I looked around the net and found Realon 3mm wetsuit jammers for $24 on Amazon Prime. (I am in no way connected to Realon, etc.)

Ordered a pair with the idea that if they did not work while swimming I could still use them under swim trunks when surfing or paddle boarding.

Tried them yesterday. Wow. They make a very big difference - noticeable lift. Interesting tool/toy. I ordered Large but probably could use Medium. They are a bit loose feeling off the wall but otherwise were not conspicuous except for the added lift.

David K
Quote Reply
Re: Low Cost Buoyancy Jammers - PSA [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll just ordered a pair for $11, Thanks for the info!
Quote Reply
Re: Low Cost Buoyancy Jammers - PSA [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... disposable at that price!

I must stock-up in advance of next season's races & non-wetsuit swims....
Last edited by: endoverend: Nov 8, 17 8:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know a pair that are free....your legs. Buoyancy Jammers? WTF?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where did you find a pair for $11? David K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavidK wrote:
I wanted to try a pair of buoyancy shorts before buying them but the communal ones at my pool were all too small.

I looked around the net and found Realon 3mm wetsuit jammers for $24 on Amazon Prime. (I am in no way connected to Realon, etc.)

Ordered a pair with the idea that if they did not work while swimming I could still use them under swim trunks when surfing or paddle boarding.

Tried them yesterday. Wow. They make a very big difference - noticeable lift. Interesting tool/toy. I ordered Large but probably could use Medium. They are a bit loose feeling off the wall but otherwise were not conspicuous except for the added lift. David K

Are you saying no one would notice if you wore them in a no-wettie tri??? And none of your fellow swimmers at the pool would notice that your jammers were a bit thick???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Last edited by: ericmulk: Nov 8, 17 9:31
Quote Reply
Re: Low Cost Buoyancy Jammers - PSA [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly and in all seriousness, because they are only 3mm they are less obvious appearing than 5mm Roka, etc., and they could be more easily used to cheat.

David K
Last edited by: DavidK: Nov 8, 17 9:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavidK wrote:

Tried them yesterday. Wow. They make a very big difference - noticeable lift. Interesting tool/toy. I ordered Large but probably could use Medium. They are a bit loose feeling off the wall but otherwise were not conspicuous except for the added lift.

David K

Did you get 20 count like the picture states for that price or just a single pair ;)

But seriously thanks for the feedback on them and general awareness. It will be interesting to hear what you think after some longer use. I have a pair of Core Shorts from BlueSeventy that I won at some event a while back. I use them sparingly but I do use them. I have found that even with them I noticed that they tend to slid down a tad after more and more use so it will interesting to hear how your pair holds up over the long term. Great hack though on a cheaper pair of float shorts. Fwiw, you can always save 25% on Core Shorts. More buoyancy and smooth drag reducing finish if you are willing to pay a few dollars more.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Low Cost Buoyancy Jammers - PSA [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5mm swim shorts? Only reason to use those is to keep your balls sweaty....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavidK wrote:
Sadly and in all seriousness, because they are only 3mm they are less obvious appearing than 5mm Roka, etc., and they could be more easily used to cheat.
David K

Interesting...have you tried riding with them right after a swim (semi-pink:))???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazon, size S for $11.83 :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip. Grabbed a pair. My experience mirrors yours almost exactly. A little loose and kinda like swimming with biking shorts, but boy what a change in buoyancy! Probably 5s/100 at max (sucky) effort. My coach couldn't believe my splits until I explained I was cheating.

Think I'll put these away and only use them once a month or so to test with/without and identify how far off my body position is. When that delta is within 2s, I'll probably figure I'm close enough. Maybe in season next year I'll use them more to work on wetsuit-like swimming and openwater skills. Can't imagine they're actually helping my training/fitness. -J

----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is tough. But it's tougher when you're stupid. -John Wayne
Quote Reply