Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Syria signs on...
Quote | Reply
...to the Paris Accord. Now the USA is the only country in the world not on board.

http://www.cnn.com/...agreement/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: Syria signs on... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
...to the Paris Accord. Now the USA is the only country in the world not on board.http://www.cnn.com/...agreement/index.html[/quote[/url]]

#MAGA

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
American exceptionalism FTW!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a worldwide conspiracy to help liberals in the united states make money!!! All these countries that normally cant get along, somehow come together to agree to help environmentalists in the us!!!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Syria signs on... [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It'll be interesting if they get anything done without our money. I'm assuming that the will have huge successes that will show us that we were wrong. They most certainly will be able to turn around Global Warming since all the highest polluting countries are still signed on. How many years do we have to give it to see results?
Quote Reply
Re: Syria signs on... [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It'll be interesting if they get anything done without our money.

They will do just fine. It isn't really about "our money", it is about regulations which favor sectors in the global economy. Other countries will continue to move forward on a host of technologies and we will be left behind in those sectors. Eventually we will rejoin, but we will have lost the economic opportunities that we could were available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
It'll be interesting if they get anything done without our money. I'm assuming that the will have huge successes that will show us that we were wrong. They most certainly will be able to turn around Global Warming since all the highest polluting countries are still signed on. How many years do we have to give it to see results?

Ummmm, you know we are #2 in total carbon emissions and #2 per capita.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Syria signs on... [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ummmm, you know we are #2 in total carbon emissions and #2 per capita.

Well, I believe in America and have no doubt that if you put your energy together and work hard, someday you will be #1.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:

The USA has not been footing the bill for this. What I'm seeing is that Trump is not even being invited to the next meeting in December. Says to me that if Trump wants isolationism for the USA then that's exactly what the world will give him. You've abdicated your formerly assumed position of "world leader" under this guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Syria signs on... [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

They will do just fine. It isn't really about "our money", it is about regulations which favor sectors in the global economy. Other countries will continue to move forward on a host of technologies and we will be left behind in those sectors. Eventually we will rejoin, but we will have lost the economic opportunities that we could were available.

Really? If you look at this (from Obama White House web site: https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/...ombat-climate-change) You will see not only were we promising to give $100 billion to poor countries, but we also said we would provide $400 million in grants to other countries. To me that is quite a bit of money.

Also not being in the agreement doesn't preclude the US from investing in Green energy, but it does mean we don't have to pay for everyone else's investments in green energy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

Really? If you look at this (from Obama White House web site: https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/...ombat-climate-change) You will see not only were we promising to give $100 billion to poor countries, but we also said we would provide $400 million in grants to other countries. To me that is quite a bit of money.

Also not being in the agreement doesn't preclude the US from investing in Green energy, but it does mean we don't have to pay for everyone else's investments in green energy.

But But But... it really isn't about money, just saving the world. How do you not know that we are at, or is it we are past, the tipping point.

The Paris Accords are a joke. All voluntary, nothing will come of them but a lot of money transferring hands and big parties for those on the inside of the movement. I'm sure Syria is going to really clean up their environment. Right after they drop a few chemical bombs on their own people. Why are liberals such sheep?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, when will they have all their oil wells capped?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How special. Wonder if he will think about the Paris scam, errr accord before he launches the next chemical weapon on people?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now the USA is the only country in the world not on board.

https://imgur.com/xvsng0l

Quote Reply