Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Industry #'s for 2016/2017
Quote | Reply
Question- Does anyone have bike industry revenue or sales numbers for 2016 or 2017(ytd) or know where to grab them? I have #'s through 2015 but am curious about these past 2 years.

No real reason except for all of the 'sky is falling' hoopla that is going around the bike industry and a few thoughts I have around it.

As concisely and potentially as inflammatory as possible:

The issue with the bike industry is not the size or growth(or lack of growth) of the bike industry but simply a market share and management(cost management, company management, currency management, inventory management) problem(s).

Cut off the excess fat and get rid of the companies and shops that are not well run, do not have a strong enough brand, and do not have long term viability and the industry is healthy.

Flame away.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Industry #'s for 2016/2017 [dbrienza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello dbrienza and All,

Look here: http://www.bicycleretailer.com/

..... and here page 44: http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/...43-b4f2-c033ac8fdb44

Bike industry is down a bit year over year ....

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Last edited by: nealhe: Nov 7, 17 10:52
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Industry #'s for 2016/2017 [dbrienza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dbrienza wrote:
Question- Does anyone have bike industry revenue or sales numbers for 2016 or 2017(ytd) or know where to grab them? I have #'s through 2015 but am curious about these past 2 years.

No real reason except for all of the 'sky is falling' hoopla that is going around the bike industry and a few thoughts I have around it.

As concisely and potentially as inflammatory as possible:

The issue with the bike industry is not the size or growth(or lack of growth) of the bike industry but simply a market share and management(cost management, company management, currency management, inventory management) problem(s).

Cut off the excess fat and get rid of the companies and shops that are not well run, do not have a strong enough brand, and do not have long term viability and the industry is healthy.

Flame away.

I don't think I have any beef with any of that.
Quote Reply