Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Transportation from Charles de Gaulle to Paris
Quote | Reply
We are flying into CDG for Christmas staying in an apartment off the Champs Elysees what is the best way to transport three people?

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Transportation from Charles de Gaulle to Paris [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We usually take the train from the airport to station downtown. Then connecting metro or short cab ride to Champs Élysées.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Car service
Quote Reply
Re: Transportation from Charles de Gaulle to Paris [Patrick E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Patrick E wrote:
We usually take the train from the airport to station downtown. Then connecting metro or short cab ride to Champs Élysées.

x2

machine purchase easy train pass at the train station in CDG -- check the CDG website.

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: Transportation from Charles de Gaulle to Paris [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends how much you value convenience over cost obviously. Train / metro obviously the cheapest but you'll have to transfer once you get into the city and then walk from whatever nearest station to your place. I remember Uber being pretty cheap and good in France and with three people might be pretty compelling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
We are flying into CDG for Christmas staying in an apartment off the Champs Elysees what is the best way to transport three people?

RER (train)

By far the cheapest AND quickest (cos of the traffic)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a big fan of taking the train in europe. But with three people its a bit of a toss up. Car service equals not having to lug suitcases through metro or to connecting cab. On the other hand the train metro and airport are so well integrated in most major european cities that it is not that much of a hassle. Three train tickets plus metro might equal the cost of a car service/cab. I'd say take the train if you have not done it before. If it opens the door to taking the train more often in europe that is a good thing.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Transportation from Charles de Gaulle to Paris [Blee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blee wrote:
Depends how much you value convenience over cost obviously. Train / metro obviously the cheapest but you'll have to transfer once you get into the city and then walk from whatever nearest station to your place. I remember Uber being pretty cheap and good in France and with three people might be pretty compelling.

I always take a car service when I land in Europe in a city I haven't been to because I have a) never been there b) am really fucking tired from the flight. I always take public transportation on the way home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The train and metro are super easy and convenient unless you have big luggage. Carry ons are no problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Transportation from Charles de Gaulle to Paris [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
The train and metro are super easy and convenient unless you have big luggage. Carry ons are no problem.
This.

Quote | Reply
Uber is also a good alternative.
Quote Reply
Re: Transportation from Charles de Gaulle to Paris [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Points to the complete and totally different way infrastructure has been built out in Europe vs North America.

When you travel in North America, the default thing you almost have to do when flying into some place is rent a car - or utilize costly long cab rides to get to where you are going (yes their is Uber - but the savings are marginal compared to cabs).

Compare to Europe, where when flying into most major cities and a car for the most part is NOT needed.

This is slowly starting to change and some larger cities in North America now do have hard public transportation links to the down-town cores of those cities from the airport. It's a welcome change.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hello, I would take a taxi!
If you take ground transportation you would spend 3 x 11 euros and use RER then subway and would meed to walk to your hotel
If you would be alone I would adivise you to do so.
But since you will be three people, fixed cost of regular taxi is either 50 Euros or 55 depending of where you are in Paris
Most taxi prefer cash, if you want to pay with credit card, you need to ask first if they take credit card and you may try two or three cabs before finding one.

Enjoy your holidays
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How long is your flight and how much luggage do you have? Long flight? Take a car/ taxi and avoid the unknown of the public transit. Once rested and unpacked, take the public transit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uber. Makes life easy when you first arrive.
Quote Reply
Re: Transportation from Charles de Gaulle to Paris [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely take the train. The cabs from CDG are insane and no faster.

Make sure you check out La Coupole for an ultimate Paris brasserie experience.
Quote Reply
Re: Transportation from Charles de Gaulle to Paris [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
globetrotterjon wrote:
Definitely take the train. The cabs from CDG are insane and no faster.

Make sure you check out La Coupole for an ultimate Paris brasserie experience.

Thank you. Not far from the house.

Leaving Norfolk at 4:30 EST arriving in Paris 11 local time, two large suitcases 1 carry on suitcase, 2 backpacks (3 people)

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply