Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

global warming
Quote | Reply
https://www.google.ca/.../data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en Couldn't get it to post as picture yet but check this out. This is about 40 miles from me. The silvery things seen from above are greenhouses. Notice how the one in the middle of the picture could house the 18 hole golf course beside it. After you have done that scroll around a bit. Leamington is a town of 25, 000 people to the east. (right) You could probably put all the houses and their yards in the greenhouses within 10 miles of them They are producing sweet peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes. This is the greatest concentration but similiar greenhouses are scattered though out our area all heated by natural gas. They say every couple of years they get more efficient but we are talking about natural gas being used on an industrial scale. Also a lot of Mexicans on work permits.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Nov 6, 17 16:26
Quote Reply
Re: global warming [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh goody! Gun control, free speech, and GW all on the front page at once!

maybe they should use coal instead.

I bet the plants are consuming all the CO2 from combustion and turning it into O2. Its probably carbon neutral.
Quote Reply
Re: global warming [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually they do pump CO2 into the greenhouses to make the plants grow better. How much I don't know. I just thought the scale of the whole thing is interesting. When you think of global warming you think of cars and airplanes and manufacturing. Usually not greenhouses.

I'm not a global warming campaigner btw. Although I do a lot of reduce CO2 emissions. I figure it cannot hurt and might help. If you had not commented it would have fell off the front page. :)

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Nov 7, 17 14:14
Quote Reply
Re: global warming [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So far its the least obnoxious of the three. So, I decided to post here. I could probably have picked any of my 3 sentences to put in pink or not. :-)

Maybe this thread won't degenerate into name calling as quickly as the other two.

Those are pretty big. Similar in size to the Boeing Everett Factory at least in length (2000 ft).
Quote Reply