Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Work Shoes/Boots
Quote | Reply
I've been having tendonitis issues in my knees/calves for the last 2 years that have currently stalled my racing/training. I am looking at all aspects of lower body function and have decided that my work footwear may be a large part of the problem considering I spend 8-10 hors a day in them as compared to 10 hours a week. What do you guys wear? do you buy insoles? I normally run in nuetral to minimal stability shoes.

Looking for a steel/composite toe shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: Work Shoes/Boots [blaxxuede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear Red Wing work boots (lace up) and really like them (never buy cheap work boots). I put Birkenstock insoles (the blue ones that are 3/4 length) in them and they become super comfy (once broken in). I like Birkenstocks - they fit my foot well and have always been the most comfortable shoes I've owned, so I suppose it makes sense that the insoles are a hit with me. If you have flat feet, it might not be your cup of tea though...

Boots: http://www.redwingshoes.com/...ns-6-inch-boot-brown

Insoles: https://www.zappos.com/...3A20171106222608%3As
Last edited by: tri_curious: Nov 6, 17 14:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear this boot around the station. It's super comfortable. Best boot I've owned in 25+ years in the fire service. It's a slip on boot but does not slip when walking. I don't wear insoles or orthotics with them but you could, just size up accordingly.

https://www.redbackboots.com/...-black-steel-toe.cfm

If you need something more protective they have that too ( look for the blue tongue boot). I bet the fit is the same.

Good luck, happy to answer more questions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been wearing the Timberland Pit Boss for many years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a related note, are there any sports shoes or running shoes that can pass as a dress shoe to wear to work? There are some all-black models but with a bright white midsole, or a bright reflective logo on the side. Not quite passable as a dress shoe.

Work/dress shoes hurt my feet too. I wish I could just wear Hokas all the time LOL.
Quote Reply
Re: Work Shoes/Boots [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I accidentally came to work in the wrong shoes this morning as i dozily went to grab a coffee before leaving for a 5:30 start. I was at my desk before i noticed. But I get to spend the day in my ASICS Nimbus instead of crappy office shoes. Result!

If anyone mentions it i'll just say i have sore feet. They all think us run/swim/bike types are mental anyway so they won't question it...
Quote Reply
Re: Work Shoes/Boots [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all for the responses. I think I'm gonna order a set of redwings and try an insole as I get red wings free at work!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Felt_Rider [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
On a related note, are there any sports shoes or running shoes that can pass as a dress shoe to wear to work? There are some all-black models but with a bright white midsole, or a bright reflective logo on the side. Not quite passable as a dress shoe.

Work/dress shoes hurt my feet too. I wish I could just wear Hokas all the time LOL.

Check out the Cole Haan Lunar Grand- they use the Nike Lunlarlon midsole and are super comfy. Wait for their sales, unless you have an outlet nearby.
Quote Reply
Re: Work Shoes/Boots [Zissou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd look into some KEEN work boots. I've worn everything from Red Wing, Dr Martin, Timberland, and others and the KEEN boots have been the most comfortable and lightest I've tried
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Redwings are incredible.

Beware though, they have two lines.. A made in china discount line (you can find these in some retailers), and their Made in America all leather line (only sold in their own RedWing Stores)..

I have two pair, and bought my wifey a pair. We both love them and won't ever buy anything else.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: Work Shoes/Boots [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Working for the Government has its Perks! I get a pair a year but I haven't order new ones in three or so years. Being an inspector I don't really need safety shoes but all the areas I go to require them. I just do a ton of walking and realized that if I spend that much time in these boots a day as compared to running shoes I ought to put the same if not more focus on footwear instead of wearing old raggedy boots with crappy footbeds that don't suit my pronation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check the Hoka web site again. They have an all-black model that I bought on sale. It's as comfortable as their other models, although not as light as the Clifton. Since I'm standing and/or walking at work, weight is of no importance, but all-day comfort is paramount.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply