Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NFL Week 9
Quote | Reply
Fly Eagles Fly bitches!!! 51 points on the best defense in the league? Fuck yes.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 9 [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:
Fly Eagles Fly bitches!!! 51 points on the best defense in the league? Fuck yes.

The Broncos need to fire Joseph like USC fired Kiffin..thanks for your time coach but find your own way back to Denver

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 9 [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Ready4Launch wrote:

The Broncos need to fire Joseph like USC fired Kiffin..thanks for your time coach but find your own way back to Denver

Elway should go before Joseph.

He failed to address the O line and the QB in the offseason. He traded up to pick Paxton Lynch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rodney Harrison on SNF kickoff just said Prescott is still the top QB in NFC east

Thoughts ?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 9 [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Rodney Harrison on SNF kickoff just said Prescott is still the top QB in NFC east

Thoughts ?

Broncos beat Cowboys and Prescott 42-17.

Broncos lost to Eagles and Wentz 51-23.

Scoreboard!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're a far cry from the best defense in the league at the moment. Sure in total yards allowed they lead, but they're in the bottom quarter in points allowed per game. The Pats are allowing less points than the Broncos right now.
With that said, the Eagles definitely are the hot team in the NFC. Not even close.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 9 [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
Leddy wrote:

Thoughts ?

Broncos beat Cowboys and Prescott 42-17.

Broncos lost to Eagles and Wentz 51-23.

Scoreboard!

They play in two weeks so should be a good indicator. Plus if the eagles win that vitually wraps up the division for them. Dallas needs the win to stay alive. I’m not sure where the Elliot saga is at but I hope he plays so we get a good feel of how they both match up.

Edited, forgot it was a bye week

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Last edited by: Leddy: Nov 6, 17 6:41
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 9 [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:

Thoughts ?

I saw that too. I thought ... Oookkaaay. There was no time there to let him expand on why he thinks that, but it's probably better that he didn't. Otherwise, he just may look even dumber than just making the statement.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 9 [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
They're a far cry from the best defense in the league at the moment. Sure in total yards allowed they lead, but they're in the bottom quarter in points allowed per game. The Pats are allowing less points than the Broncos right now.
With that said, the Eagles definitely are the hot team in the NFC. Not even close.

While I didn't watch that game or really look at the stats another deceptive thing that isn't really tracked super closely (as far as rankings/awards go) is how many points the Broncos offense allowed their opponents to score. All those turnovers leading to short yardage field position and the inability to keep their defense off the field just wears you down. Doesn't matter how good your defense is if your offense is going 3 and outs or turning the ball over at high rates (or inopportune times). Just wears you down and then eventually you're gonna get smoked.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Nov 6, 17 8:38
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 9 [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
footballoutsiders.com tracks all of those things, and they had the Broncos as the #2 defense coming into this week.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Week 9 [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back in the Buddy Ryan years, the Eagles had the number 1 defense. I remember an analyst saying, "when you fumble the ball on your own 20 yard line over and over again, the other team is not going to rack up a lot of yards on you."

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply