Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trying to Zwift Run: Garmin Foot Pod Not Pairing. WTF am I doing wrong?
Quote | Reply
title sums it up.

just picked up the garmin foot pod. went to the track to make sure it's calibrated. then to the gym to try out Zwift.

found the run screen but the search for a speed device failed to find the pod. even walked on the treadmill for a couple of minutes to 'wake up' the pod. did that cuz I'm not sure that there is another way to wake it up other than get moving. battery seems ok cuz the forerunner was using it for pace while I was on the treadmill. thus, it looks like the pod was working fine, just not recognized by the zwift app.

any tips or experiences like this?

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to Zwift Run: Garmin Foot Pod Not Pairing. WTF am I doing wrong? [morpheus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could be wrong but assuming you are using iPhone and trying to pair via bluetooth, you need a bluetooth capable footpod. I think the Garmin footpod is ant+ only but I could be wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to Zwift Run: Garmin Foot Pod Not Pairing. WTF am I doing wrong? [Jonathan22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, crap. that's probably the problem.

I don't want to pay $$$ for Stryd. can you, or anyone, recommend an affordable bluetooth foot pod? I've seen Milestone mentioned. Is it my best option?

Last edited by: morpheus: Nov 5, 17 9:09
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to Zwift Run: Garmin Foot Pod Not Pairing. WTF am I doing wrong? [morpheus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't. I use Zwift for cycling since March of this year and have I've just now started to think about using it for indoor running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Milestone Pod for $30 seems to work based on my research.
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to Zwift Run: Garmin Foot Pod Not Pairing. WTF am I doing wrong? [Jonathan22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just ordered mine and it should be here by Tuesday. looking forward to trying Zwift running again.

thanks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Polar Bluetooth one and it works great
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to Zwift Run: Garmin Foot Pod Not Pairing. WTF am I doing wrong? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx, Herbert.

Already pulled the trigger but I have been looking at Polar stuff this time around. I remember that there was a time that Polar was an extra step or two when playing nice with others ( online stuff and bike computer stuff ). Is it better now?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Polar one is nice to Zwift, but did not connect yesterday to my Garmin without extra effort. So I just let it go. I like technology, but don't want o waste all my time fiddling with it.
Last edited by: Herbert: Nov 5, 17 17:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonathan22 wrote:
Milestone Pod for $30 seems to work based on my research.

Had exactly this problem... yes the milestone pods work fine although calibration is a little off, at least when doing intervals I have noticed my treadmill speed is either a little over or under my zwift dudes speed.

Of course now I need to get Bluetooth enabled HR from somewhere (everything I own is old Garmin)... anyone recommend a cheap one?
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to Zwift Run: Garmin Foot Pod Not Pairing. WTF am I doing wrong? [Poldarn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhhh, crap! don't know if I'm ready to do that one, too. at this point, think I'll just leave HR/Pace for GarminConnect/Training Peaks/Strava and just keep to Pace Only on Zwift....unless there's something really cheap, really easy out there.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
morpheus wrote:
ahhhh, crap! don't know if I'm ready to do that one, too. at this point, think I'll just leave HR/Pace for GarminConnect/Training Peaks/Strava and just keep to Pace Only on Zwift....unless there's something really cheap, really easy out there.

Pretty much my thinking to be honest... I plan on using zwift run to make my tred mill runs more interesting (and bizarrely I seem to have some phycotic need to see a map on my strava account after any workout) I don’t plan on spending any extra cash.

Unless, as you say anyone knows of a cheap BT HR strap. . .
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to Zwift Run: Garmin Foot Pod Not Pairing. WTF am I doing wrong? [Poldarn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mio Link and Scosche Rythym + are both ANT+ and Bluetooth. Link on wrist, Rythym+ higher up arm. They run about $60-80.
I think Wahoo might have a dual chest strap, but not positive.
As with all tech, check with DCRainmaker first.
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to Zwift Run: Garmin Foot Pod Not Pairing. WTF am I doing wrong? [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rumpled wrote:
Mio Link and Scosche Rythym + are both ANT+ and Bluetooth. Link on wrist, Rythym+ higher up arm. They run about $60-80.
I think Wahoo might have a dual chest strap, but not positive.
As with all tech, check with DCRainmaker first.

Yup, all Wahoo HR are dual band.

And if you have an ANT+-only sensor - like a garmin footpod - you can get the 4iii Vivo HR strap which functions as an ANT+ -> BLE bridge. I've not tested this, but since BLE samples so fast, it should work well, and I know plenty of people who use the 4iii for exactly this purpose.

The TICKR RUN and TICKR X both also will transmit run speed, though it's not as reliable as a footpod.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply