Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ask Not for Whom the Bell Tolls, Mike Flynn (Mueller Investigation)
Quote | Reply
Looks like the Orange-Haired Wonder's first national security advisor, retired Army general Mike Flynn -- who was one of the strongest supporters of the man currently occupying the Oval Office -- may be in special counsel Robert Mueller's crosshairs over his lobbying work, including whether he laundered money or lied to federal agents when he was interviewed about his overseas contacts.

My prediction? He'll be seeing an indictment soon for much the same things Paul Manafort saw. Lots of D.C. lobbyists on both sides of the aisle are running for cover from the Mueller investigation, in fact, including Tony Podesta on the left and former congressman Vin Weber on the right. Seems like all of them were taking the filthy lucre from the Russians and their Ukrainian counterparts. Nothing will come of the original collusion huffing and puffing, of course, but all these dirty lobbying deeds are posing a hazard to many K Street folks. Good. ;-)

"Federal investigators have gathered enough evidence to bring charges in their investigation of President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser and his son as part of the probe into Russia’s intervention in the 2016 election, according to multiple sources familiar with the investigation…

The investigators are speaking to multiple witnesses in coming days to gain more information surrounding Flynn’s lobbying work, including whether he laundered money or lied to federal agents about his overseas contacts, according to three sources familiar with the investigation.

Mueller’s team is also examining whether Flynn attempted to orchestrate the removal of a chief rival of Turkish President Recep Erdogan from the U.S. to Turkey in exchange for millions of dollars, two officials said."

By the way, all of this leaking from the special counsel's office is patently illegal. Just FYI.

Mueller Has Enough Evidence to Bring Charges in Flynn Investigation - NBC News

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Not for Whom the Bell Tolls, Mike Flynn (Mueller Investigation) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This just in: DC lobbyists and money men are corrupt as shit, news at 11.

This is why I could never be a big-government supporter. DC has gotten far to big and unmanageable, too much money changing hands without the internal oversight needed to ensure it's untainted. Flynn, Manafort, Podesto, all these scumbags are part of the quiet inside-the-beltway machine that I find despicable about politics.

Oh and BTW, I haven't seen shit that makes me think any of this money and corruption had anything to do with 2016 electoral shenanigans. Maybe it's there, so far I'm seeing a lot of generic corruption without any of the specific Russian quid pro quo election fixing type stuff that everyone expects and seems to think is there.
Quote Reply
Re: Ask Not for Whom the Bell Tolls, Mike Flynn (Mueller Investigation) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If only Mueller was as sensitive as the Orange Haired Wonder. Maybe he would kick it up a notch for being overshadowed by the Saudis cleaning house. We clean houses the best. The very best. Probably the best ever. We do it very, very well.

God, wouldn't this be incredible if Trump really is smart enough to play along as the buffoon so that the swamp can be drained while the attention is on him?
Quote Reply