Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMLP 2018 Bike Course Change
Quote | Reply
I am hearing rumors that there is going to be a change to the bike course in LP this summer. Anybody have any insight?
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP 2018 Bike Course Change [joba08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a facebook page for the race participants and the supposed new bike course has been posted by a well known person in the area and it seems awesome. It has a bit more climbing but looks awesome to me!
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP 2018 Bike Course Change [jsosinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsosinski wrote:
There is a facebook page for the race participants and the supposed new bike course has been posted by a well known person in the area and it seems awesome. It has a bit more climbing but looks awesome to me!

What is different? I went to their facebook page and don't see the post you are referencing.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP 2018 Bike Course Change [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s posted by Jeffrey Kline in the Ironman Lake Placid 2018. It is a large loop. Instead of turning around before Ausable Forks, you keep going and make a left towards Black Brook. Again, this is not an Ironman post or the page by Ironman, so it is not official.
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP 2018 Bike Course Change [jsosinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Are we talking about taking a left turn at Ausable forks onto silver Lake, then left turn onto Bonnie Brooks and ride back to Wilmington at the base of the Whiteface climb and get back onto the regular course from Wilmington to LP. This looks like a tougher course to some degree, but at least no out and back traffic which is nice.
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP 2018 Bike Course Change [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's that, or similar turn on 9T and through that development, putting you back on 86.

I'm inclined to think it won't be the option originally posted in that group, if only because that adds a new county into the mix for permitting/cost.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply