Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recovery Ride Zone 1 OR not
Quote | Reply
I switched to cyclocross after the tri season and race every weekend.

With tris, I was used to doing something each day, but with Cx, it really is about showing up with fresh legs on Sunday to have a good race.

Like today, I feel good and would like to ride but know I really need to take it ez (50+ Cat 3)

that said, is there a fine line between Zone 1 for 45 minutes on the trainer OR just taking it ez and not riding (I went hard yesterday).

OR zone 1 can never hurt ... just to keep the gunk moving through the legs
Quote Reply
Re: Recovery Ride Zone 1 OR not [bill12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I personally would never do a zone 1 ride for the sake of doing a zone 1 ride,

Total waste of time, in my opinion. If it's not at least zone 2, then it's not worth bothering.

With that said, I imagine doing a zone 2 ride would still let you recover from the efforts and actually get a little stimulus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to say the exact opposite of what the first guy said. I'd rather do a zone 1 ride rather than no ride. Now zone 1 rides are boring as can be, but I feel better when I do those.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zone 1 makes me feel better than simply not moving. YMMV
Quote Reply
Re: Recovery Ride Zone 1 OR not [randomtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I ended the debate and simply went over to the pool and did some mixed strokes and ran in the deep end. Feel much better. Nice to put the pool skills to good use.

That said, I'm curious as to what you all do... When you know the need to lay low.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride zone 1 at my desk at work....for hours and hours and hours..... i'm lucky that way.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally my ass can't handle riding in Z1. I'd much rather swim than do a Z1 ride.
Quote Reply