Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I ate pizza last night... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
Duffy wrote:
...after not consuming gluten or dairy in several months, I ordered and ate an entire pizza last night.

I’m still paying the price.

You lost me at "not consuming gluten" fad bullshit. Carry on...

Wife has celiac disease. Household is already g-free.

It’s not a fad. It’s a medical condition.
I get it , I had people travel from out of state to have me cook for them cause they trusted me . You yourself can do gluten though , right? The gluten in the pizza probably had no effect on you.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: I ate pizza last night... [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mustangchef wrote:
Duffy wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
Duffy wrote:
...after not consuming gluten or dairy in several months, I ordered and ate an entire pizza last night.

I get it , I had people travel from out of state to have me cook for them cause they trusted me . You yourself can do gluten though , right? The gluten in the pizza probably had no effect on you.

Except for the last few (3?) months I’ve been eating gluten all along (burgers with buns, burritos with flour tortillas, etc.) but I haven’t really had any bread, crackers or gluten filled snacks in quite some time. Sometimes I’d go a couple weeks without any and then eat something with gluten in it with no problems at all. Kind of the same with dairy. I’ll have a little bit of cheese every now and then but I haven’t had milk or a huge cheesy thing for more than a year (at least).

Then a few months ago I saw a picture of myself with my shirt off and my body just wasn’t up to the standard I hold for myself so I figured I’d go strict no gluten and no dairy (and no candy bars (I love those damn Snickers!!!)).

Well, it worked and I leaned out a bit (still have more work to do) but the kid and mom were out trick-or-treating so I ordered a fucking pizza and ate it.

I don’t know if it was the gluten (doubtful) or the dairy (likely) that fucked me up or just the shear volume of it all.

But long story short, I can go with or without gluten with no noticeable effects felt.

Dairy on the other hand definitely fucks me up.

If Mrs. Duffy consumes gluten she will be barfing wildly within 2 hours. It also fucks up her whole digestive system and if she continues to eat it she’ll die fairly quickly of malnutrition. It inhibits her ability to get nutrients from food.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 3 local pizza joints within 3 miles that all have gluten free crust. and I really cannot tell the difference anymore, and my wife even now prefers it. Won't stop the gluttony of course. But the crust is thin, I go with extra sauce and always get the house special(basically everything) with anchovies and jalapeños.(no one ever wants a slice of my pizza this way)

I get the 12 incher and every time I say I will just eat 1/2 and save the rest for the next day. One time one piece made it to the next day and I hate myself every time I do this. Now I fast most all day when it is going to be pizza night, still feel like shit afterwards, but at least my daily calorie intake is smoothed out..

I feel your pain brother...
Quote Reply
Re: I ate pizza last night... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, we can get gluten free crust but they cook it in the same oven and put the crust right on top of the surface that just had regular crust on it.

There’s only one place in town that actually has a dedicated oven for gluten free pizza.

There’s a place on State st. that really pushes their gluten free crust but I’ve warched them make pizza with it by first covering the surface of the counter with regular flour then putting the g-free crust right on the flour. The whole entire bottom of the pizza is covered in gluten.

Fine for my, barfing and death for Mrs.Duffy.

Fortunately for them most people who are “gluten intolerant” are full of shit.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you’re going to eat a full pizza I have the place to do it. Tacconelli’s in fishtown PA. The place is in a row Home and has been there forever. You have to order your doe in advance. Once you get there then you actually order your pie. You can fairly easily eat an entire pizza.
I had heard about it for years and thought it’s just pizza it can’t be that good. It is!

You and Monty come out and it’s on me

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
Duffy wrote:

The incidence of celiac is significantly lower than the number of buffoons claiming to "need" to be gluten free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mustangchef wrote:
Duffy wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Would you cook me a fully gluten meal i.e in every course if I appeared out of the blue?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

There’s only one place in town that actually has a dedicated oven for gluten free pizza.

Your town is losing its luster.

Also you are outside the acceptable ordering zones for pizza which may explain the above bullshit comment.
Last edited by: windywave: Nov 2, 17 21:30
Quote Reply
Re: I ate pizza last night... [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
If you’re going to eat a full pizza I have the place to do it. Tacconelli’s in fishtown PA. The place is in a row Home and has been there forever. You have to order your doe in advance. Once you get there then you actually order your pie. You can fairly easily eat an entire pizza.
I had heard about it for years and thought it’s just pizza it can’t be that good. It is!

You and Monty come out and it’s on me

Can I come too if I pay for the beer? Heffeweizen with a dusting of wheat flour on top
Quote Reply
Re: I ate pizza last night... [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Duffy wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
Duffy wrote:

The incidence of celiac is significantly lower than the number of buffoons claiming to "need" to be gluten free.

True, but the large number of buffoons claiming a need to be gluten free has created quite a market for gluten free products, which has benefited mrs Duffy greatly.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Also you are outside the acceptable ordering zones for pizza which may explain the above bullshit comment.

What’s interesting is that despite being outside the acceptable ordering zones for pizza I have two neighbors that own pizza establishments. Two doors down is the owner of Taffy’s Pizza, a one off. Taffy’s is the one with the dedicated gluten free oven (put in specifically for Mrs. Duffy).

Around the corner is the owner of Rusty’s Pizza which is an area chain of pizza restaurants.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Nov 2, 17 21:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
windywave wrote:
Duffy wrote:

What’s interesting is that despite being outside the acceptable ordering zones for pizza I have two neighbors that own pizza establishments. Two doors down is the owner of Taffy’s Pizza, a one off. Taffy’s is the one with the dedicated gluten free oven (put in specifically for Mrs. Duffy).

Around the corner is the owner of Rusty’s Pizza which is an area chain of pizza restaurants.

That does not impress me, in that, the pizza most likely sucks donkey dick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife had her gall bladder removed and a result is she cannot digest some fats so we eat pizza with fake or no cheese. If she was to eat cheese she lays in bed and feels like she needs to throw up.. I've gotten used to the fake cheese. Funny how that works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Can I come too if I pay for the beer? Heffeweizen with a dusting of wheat flour on top

Absolutely. It’s BYO so you just have to promise no Zima

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
mustangchef wrote:
Duffy wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Would you cook me a fully gluten meal i.e in every course if I appeared out of the blue?
Sure.
But to clarify things a bit , most people I have known with extreme cases of celiac don’t really eat courses of food. They just want one really nice dish. It is really not that hard to accommodate them . you just have to be careful...gluten hides in the strangest places.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched your cheeseburger test on your video linked on your website, ha ha ha.

You should do one for pizzas...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nah because most of those folks are high fibre too and it keeps things moving. My experience is the fake celiacs also have 15 bottles of homeopathic remedies and don't immunize etc etc. Celiac is funny I know two people whose only clue they were celiac was that they were perpetually thin no matter what they ate. Others get sick as dogs when they eat gluten.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Duffy wrote:
windywave wrote:
Duffy wrote:

That does not impress me, in that, the pizza most likely sucks donkey dick.

Says the guy who lives in a town that thinks pizza should be a gross runny mess an inch and a half thick.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: I ate pizza last night... [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Nah because most of those folks are high fibre too and it keeps things moving. My experience is the fake celiacs also have 15 bottles of homeopathic remedies and don't immunize etc etc. Celiac is funny I know two people whose only clue they were celiac was that they were perpetually thin no matter what they ate. Others get sick as dogs when they eat gluten.

Mrs. Duffy had no idea.

Then her brother got colon cancer at age 40. It was a type that was genetic.

Mrs. Duffy got scoped and they found stuff that looked like what celiac does. She went off gluten for 8 weeks and got scoped again and the stuff that was whatever it was was was going away.

So whe went off gluten.

Then about a year later she said, “fuck it” and had.....

.......pizza!

And she got violently ill.

BTW, she doesn’t have the gene thingy that causes the cancer, which is good because 100% of the people who have that gene thing get the cancer and die.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pizza ought to be banned. Look at all the problems it is causing.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: I ate pizza last night... [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Pizza ought to be banned. Look at all the problems it is causing.

If you outlaw pizza, only outlaws will have pizza. Then what?

Also when you ban pizza, what about the people who rely on pizza? Do you ban all pizza? Or just the really scary looking gross Chicago-style pizza? Banning pizza will not work b cause people will still die using burgers. Maybe you'd like to live in a world without burgers? Pinko whacko commie nutjob libtard!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply

Prev Next