Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift Keyboard Shortcuts
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I found a list of PC keyboard shortcuts for Zwift and a few of them doesn't work. Anyone have the same problem?

U: Unit toggle (metric or imperial) -> Nothing change when a press it, rinding or not...
L: Locks/Logs out of Zwift -> I'm not sure to understand what it does. I don't anything happening when I press it...

-> I don't hear any of those sounds when I press them. Am I supposed to hear something?
F3: Ride On!
F4: Hammer Time!
F5: Nice!
F6: Bring It!
F7: I’m toast
F8: Bike bell

Thanks,
Fred
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Keyboard Shortcuts [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't say I've tried any of those, but your phone is generally a much better interface for Zwift than the keyboard - except when your hands are too sweaty and the touchscreen starts acting up!

All I ever use are the messaging on occasion when riding with friends, the turn selectors and sometimes the screen capture function to record time or power for some portion of the route in conjunction with the graph of power and HR along the bottom of the screen (G on keyboard but I just have it there constantly so never need to access the keyboard to switch it on/off).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ack I use an old 42" TV in front of me connected to a laptop sitting several feet away. Can't really interact with Zwift not even to choose which way to turn. Need to remedy this somehow..... Either a laptop mount closer to me, or maybe a USB gaming accessory. They can be programmed to mimic any keystrokes.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Keyboard Shortcuts [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or just use a wireless keyboard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you can do this through the mobile app at the same time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Ack I use an old 42" TV in front of me connected to a laptop sitting several feet away. Can't really interact with Zwift not even to choose which way to turn. Need to remedy this somehow..... Either a laptop mount closer to me, or maybe a USB gaming accessory. They can be programmed to mimic any keystrokes.
Assuming you have a smartphone that will take care of almost all your needs and is surely more convenient than anything else? Just install the Zwift App and away you go. You can do more with your phone than you can do from your laptop.
Zwift is intended to use your phone for control and communication. I'm don't think you can do setup activities like avatar customisation, equipment selection and sensor pairing from the phone, but that's okay, they're not needed after you get on the bike. Everything else, including lots of functionality that isn't available on the laptop, is available on the phone. That includes pausing workouts, adjusting FTP level for workouts, skipping blocks for workouts, U-turns or turning at junctions, viewing or talking to other riders. Avatar actions (although I don't see much point!), screen capture, profile updates, Event sign-up, etc.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:

I have a similar setup but keep a wireless mouse next to my bike, which comes in very handy when switching from one app to another/selecting options/pairing devices/loading courses/pausing/savings rides/etc. once I'm on my bike. I also keep a small, wireless folding keyboard near the bike but don't use that nearly as often as the mouse (mainly just if i need to logout my BF and login myself to an app). But the mouse I use all the time.
Quote Reply