Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommend me a bag.
Quote | Reply
Right, so I'm looking for a backpack for every day use. I commute a ton by train, bike and car and spend time hauling around all my traininggear, food, laptop etc etc.. so I'm looking for a decent backpack that can hold a ton of gear but is still compact enough and allows me to organize stuff in there. And last but not least, it should be comfy when worn as a backpack, not a duffel.

I was looking at the Rudy Project Transition 46 and the Ogio Endurance 9.0.. which to me seem to be almost the same bag? Any opinions on this?
The Orca transition bag looks nice, but is just way to huge. Z3r0D is nice, but just has an akward shape..
Any contenders?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a bag. [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Arena Fastpack 2.1, it's great, I can carry all the stuff I need for a day, including kit for two sessions, food and then my laptop and paper for University as well, plus it's fairly cheap, at least it was when I got it from Wiggle

Disclaimer: Not a triathlete anymore, just a fish
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a bag. [tomoffat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a dedicated triathlon bag, but check out the Osprey Transporter 40. Might be up your alley, (real) lifetime warranty.

https://www.ospreypacks.com/us/en/product/transporter-40-TRNSPTR40.html

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a bag. [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Ogio Endurance 9.0 and as a transition bag it's awesome. I also love traveling with it as the compartments are awesome to organize and separate show compartment is nice for car camping trips, etc.

For walking around transition or through airport the back pack function is great. As a backpack for commuting I'd avoid it. It's really a duffle bag you can strap to your back. But it wouldn't be comfortable commuting on a bike or train.

I'd get a dedicated "real" backpack. For commuting to/from work I have the Camelbak Fourteener 24. Enough compartments for clothes, lunch, etc.

I'd go to a local REI (or similar) and check out all the options. I think a real backpack that fits your needs is the way to go. The Osprey recommendation was also on point. I actually waffled between the Camelbak and an Osprey model.
Last edited by: blueapplepaste: Nov 1, 17 13:10
Quote Reply