Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Any day trader's out there? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I'm looking to just get started and learn as much as possible. Complete newbie...

I'll rephrase. Do you plan to quit your day job?
Quote Reply
Re: Any day trader's out there? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I would love to. But as someone just starting that is a very difficult question to answer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Well I would love to. But as someone just starting that is a very difficult question to answer.

What do you want to trade? How much risk capital so you have? How much can you spend on infrastructure?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pm sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Leddy wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
School me on how to start.

Take your disposable cash, invest in solid dividend paying stocks, reinvest the dividends, leave them for 10 years while you do your regular job and live a far happier life.

You're welcome.

Wussy , leveraged ETFs. Pair that with some uncovered calls and you’re on your way. Go big or go home !

for compliance sake this is not a recommendatiion based on FINRA rule 2090 and the rules that govern the LR

You're a bad person ;)

Just trying to expedite things.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Any day trader's out there? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
windywave wrote:
Leddy wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Take your disposable cash, invest in solid dividend paying stocks, reinvest the dividends, leave them for 10 years while you do your regular job and live a far happier life.

You're welcome.

Wussy , leveraged ETFs. Pair that with some uncovered calls and you’re on your way. Go big or go home !

for compliance sake this is not a recommendatiion based on FINRA rule 2090 and the rules that govern the LR

You're a bad person ;)

Well if you eant to do that just sell straddles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Leddy wrote:
windywave wrote:
Leddy wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

You're welcome.

You're a bad person ;)

He could screw that up and end up with a collar and delay the inevitable

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
windywave wrote:
Leddy wrote:
windywave wrote:
Leddy wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

You're welcome.

You're a bad person ;)

Doubt it. Also collars are inefficient to hedge most portfolios
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Leddy wrote:
windywave wrote:
Leddy wrote:
windywave wrote:
Leddy wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

You're welcome.

You're a bad person ;)

Doubt it. Also collars are inefficient to hedge most portfolios

Wait , we're talking about good ideas here ?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm lost... Sorry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I'm lost... Sorry.

All the ideas I threw out there are highly speculative and carry A LOT of downside risk.

Leveraged ETFs are meant to be day traded but through the use of leverage get you a compounded return. As well as loss if you are on the wrong side.

The other stuff is options. Which when used correctly can reduce your risk. Or when used as we were throwing around can cost you a lot of money if again you’re wrong. For example, covered call = you own a stock and sell the right to buy it at a specific price - reduces risk
Uncovered call = you sell someone the right to buy a specific stock but don’t own it - risk is unlimited. Covered you own the stock so your upside risk is stock does well you get called and only profit on the option premium. Uncovered, you sell someone the right to buy XYZ stock at 20. Let’s say it’s tradimg at 20. It goes to 100 you get called , you have to go buy it at a 100 then deliver. Since there’s theretically no limit on ceiling for a stock price it carries a lot of risk

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Straddles and collars are options startgies involving combinations of calls and puts

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ty. I need a trading dictionary.
Last edited by: Fishbum: Nov 5, 17 17:08
Quote Reply

Prev Next