Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NY "Attack" - Driver hits cyclists and pedestrians [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like some where are happy to get back to simple, easy-to-understand terror attacks after the last few confusing ones where white guys killed people and everyone was completely mystified. :)
Quote Reply
Re: NY "Attack" - Driver hits cyclists and pedestrians [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Bretom wrote:
air quotes?

When I first posted this, it was a preliminary report and the extent of the damage was not known. It also was unknown whether this was intentional b/c the extent of the incident was not known. I did not want to jump to conclusions.

Pedestrians run over and gunshots? At least tell me you were taking the over.
Quote Reply
Re: NY "Attack" - Driver hits cyclists and pedestrians [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
Bretom wrote:
air quotes?

When I first posted this, it was a preliminary report and the extent of the damage was not known. It also was unknown whether this was intentional b/c the extent of the incident was not known. I did not want to jump to conclusions.

There were no gunshots in the initial report. When I posted it, they called it an "accident" and said 5 people were "hit."

I suppose I should have just gone full Trump and called it a "terrorist attack" before any information was known.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
New York (CNN)There are fatalities after a truck drove the wrong way down the West Side Highway bike path for several blocks Tuesday afternoon, striking several people, according to sources at the New York Police Department.
The driver exited the vehicle with what appeared to be a gun and was shot by police, the sources added. The individual is in police custody and is being taken to the hospital for treatment.
As many as six people are dead, according to two senior law enforcement sources on the scene, They added that it appears to be deliberate act.
No others are being sought, the NYPD said. Police said to expect "many emergency personnel" in the area of Chambers Street and West Street on the lower west side of Manhattan.
The source said police are considering terrorism as part of the investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/...ots-fired/index.html

He is a murderer , plain and simple. waist his ass.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
There were no gunshots in the initial report. When I posted it, they called it an "accident" and said 5 people were "hit."

I suppose I should have just gone full Trump and called it a "terrorist attack" before any information was known.
Simply condemn in the strongest possible terms any egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence, on many sides - on many sides.

That should cover yourself.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: windschatten: Oct 31, 17 21:22
Re: NY "Attack" - Driver hits cyclists and pedestrians [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Looks like some where are happy to get back to simple, easy-to-understand terror attacks after the last few confusing ones where white guys killed people and everyone was completely mystified. :)

Really?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: NY "Attack" - Driver hits cyclists and pedestrians [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
trail wrote:

Really?

Sure. We can all come together on this one.
Quote Reply
Re: NY "Attack" - Driver hits cyclists and pedestrians [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

The only reason for the mystification is because we still don't know what the Vegas shooter's motive was, or much of anything else about him, other than that he was a creepy sort who was also well-armed and rich. We pretty much know that James Fields, the car attacker in Charlottesville, was a loser white guy and racist who should get what's coming to him, hopefully.

As to James Hodgkinson the wannabe mass murderer/assassin of congressional Republicans, he seems to have been a highly frustrated Bernie Bro who was about as far-left in his sympathies as one could get and yet not be a Sandinista or worse still, a Green Party member. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Nov 1, 17 3:03
Quote Reply
Re: NY "Attack" - Driver hits cyclists and pedestrians [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
JSA wrote:

Simply condemn in the strongest possible terms any egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence, on many sides - on many sides.

That should cover yourself.

Not that it seems to be relevant here, but I would include sexism. That should cover it.

What all of this confirms is that air quotes should never, ever be used by those of you out there not fully trained and certified in their employment and placement. Buncha rank amateurs. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

Go big or go home. Holy shit, how long have you been here?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
Bretom wrote:
air quotes?

You need a better news source :)
Quote Reply
Re: NY "Attack" - Driver hits cyclists and pedestrians [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone see anything more about how the bus got involved with the pickup?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: NY "Attack" - Driver hits cyclists and pedestrians [Yeti racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeti racer wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
JSA wrote:
New York (CNN)There are fatalities after a truck drove the wrong way down the West Side Highway bike path for several blocks Tuesday afternoon, striking several people, according to sources at the New York Police Department.
The driver exited the vehicle with what appeared to be a gun and was shot by police, the sources added. The individual is in police custody and is being taken to the hospital for treatment.
As many as six people are dead, according to two senior law enforcement sources on the scene, They added that it appears to be deliberate act.
No others are being sought, the NYPD said. Police said to expect "many emergency personnel" in the area of Chambers Street and West Street on the lower west side of Manhattan.

Death toll is up to eight now.

The attacker was initially described as "Middle Eastern," which suggests he's a foreign traveler. A photo of the man shows him with traditional Islamic facial hair as worn by male adherents of certain strains of Islam. The truck was rented, as trucks in Muslim Truck Attacks tend to be. SMDH.

I've said it before, that such truck attacks here in the US were only a matter of time.

Here's the first photo of the attacker as he's being subdued by NYPD:

I'd be interested to know if he came from a country on the Orange-Haired Wonder's travel ban list or if he's a self-radicalized, home-grown, lone (or not-so-lone) terrorist. NYC's mayor is describing it as an "act of terror," as well.

His name is apparently Sayfullo Saipov, a 29-year-old from Tampa, FL. His name suggests either a Chechen, Dagestani, Kazakh or the like. Whether he's an immigrant here, was born and raised here or somehow or another made his way here is still undetermined. Witnesses say he exited the truck and shouted "ALLAHU AKBAR!" before being shot by the cops.

And I'm still waiting to here about any Walmart around the country getting shot up around 9PM when the store is packed by so many.

You didnt have to wait very long...

http://www.9news.com/...e-shooting/488159023
Quote Reply
Re: NY "Attack" - Driver hits cyclists and pedestrians [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisT wrote:
Yeti racer wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
JSA wrote:

Death toll is up to eight now.

The attacker was initially described as "Middle Eastern," which suggests he's a foreign traveler. A photo of the man shows him with traditional Islamic facial hair as worn by male adherents of certain strains of Islam. The truck was rented, as trucks in Muslim Truck Attacks tend to be. SMDH.

I've said it before, that such truck attacks here in the US were only a matter of time.

Here's the first photo of the attacker as he's being subdued by NYPD:

I'd be interested to know if he came from a country on the Orange-Haired Wonder's travel ban list or if he's a self-radicalized, home-grown, lone (or not-so-lone) terrorist. NYC's mayor is describing it as an "act of terror," as well.

His name is apparently Sayfullo Saipov, a 29-year-old from Tampa, FL. His name suggests either a Chechen, Dagestani, Kazakh or the like. Whether he's an immigrant here, was born and raised here or somehow or another made his way here is still undetermined. Witnesses say he exited the truck and shouted "ALLAHU AKBAR!" before being shot by the cops.

And I'm still waiting to here about any Walmart around the country getting shot up around 9PM when the store is packed by so many.

You didnt have to wait very long...

http://www.9news.com/...e-shooting/488159023

I'm glad someone else brought up the Thornton Walmart shoot-'em-up. I was just too depressed at that point. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: NY "Attack" - Driver hits cyclists and pedestrians [Yeti racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeti racer wrote:

Sorry, it happened at 6PM, not 9PM.

http://www.foxnews.com/...tody-police-say.html

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: NY "Attack" - Driver hits cyclists and pedestrians [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
Yeti racer wrote:

Sorry, it happened at 6PM, not 9PM.

http://www.foxnews.com/...tody-police-say.html

Holy crap!
Quote Reply

Prev Next