Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Moved near Detroit,, need a gym
Quote | Reply
Hello all.

After a several year hiatus from multisport, I am getting back into the saddle. Jusr moved to Madison Heights, MI. and I'm looking for a good gym/pool to train at. Indoor running track would be ideal, but not as necessary as a sub $100/mo membership fee.

Thanks in advamce.
Quote Reply
Re: Moved near Detroit,, need a gym [lhpoulin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a membership to Planet Fitness for the multiple locations and the South Oakland YMCA for the pool....basically 11 Mile just east of Woodward. The Warren community center also has decent facilities but you will pay more as a non-resident.

https://ymcadetroit.org/south-oakland/

Quote | Reply
There's a decent LA Fitness on Mound and 12 Mile in Warren that I was going to for a while. The pool is good. No running track, but plenty of treadmills. Indoor running tracks are fairly rare in the area, I think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LA Fitness has several locations near you that all have pools. The one on Mound Rd. has a 4th lane which makes it a little less congested. If you have Blue Cross/Blue shield through work you can get a membership for $25/mo through Health Ways.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As mentioned LA Fitness has a number of locations nearby and are about $30/mo.

I am currently swimming in the mornings at the Big Beaver and Stevenson location. There are a few older ladies that are there, but I haven't had any problems getting a lane, and only have to share intermittently. I am also running from Maple and Stevenson. About a 11.5 mile loop that includes most of the Hanson's route.
Quote Reply
Re: Moved near Detroit,, need a gym [AlexSmith714] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swim at this location and its is just about empty in the mornings. Not the nicest pool but avoid the crowd. Have also swam at the Warren Community Center and there are more elders there. If you get the Health Ways membership you can swim at any of the LA finesses and is nice for weekends.

Specialized Shiv Mafia?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Livonia Rec Center has an indoor track and a competition pool but it's 25 miles away from Madison Heights.
Quote Reply