Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mo Farah Splits with Salazar and Nike Oregon Project
Quote | Reply
According to the British Press, Mo Farah has decided to split with the Nike Oregon Project and Alberto Salazar and move back to training in the UK under Paula Radcliffe's husband/coach Gary Lough.

https://www.theguardian.com/...o-salazar-returns-uk

Despite the quotes from Mo in the article, I can't help but feel the doping allegations around Salazar have played a massive part in that; every time the situation blew-up in the press and Mo got a hammering for it, he seemed genuinely hurt by the accusations. Regardless, the tin-foil-hat brigade on LetsRun are having a field day.

What are Gary Lough's palmares as a coach? As far as I'm aware Alex Stanton was Radcliffe's coach throughout the peak of her career, despite her husband having a somewhat ill-defined background role. I'm still somewhat sceptical about Mo's prospects in the marathon, I'd love to see him mix it with the best but I just can't see that happening right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Farah Splits with Salazar and Nike Oregon Project [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think credibility wise this is a case of 'out of the frying pan and into the fire'. Of all the people he could have associated himself with he chose Paula Radcliffe's coach/husband. Glad he's left NOP/AS though.
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Farah Splits with Salazar and Nike Oregon Project [InvictaScoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what credibility? Mo is the same as Galen and the same as Paula.

InvictaScoop wrote:
I think credibility wise this is a case of 'out of the frying pan and into the fire'. Of all the people he could have associated himself with he chose Paula Radcliffe's coach/husband. Glad he's left NOP/AS though.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Mo Farah Splits with Salazar and Nike Oregon Project [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
what credibility? Mo is the same as Galen and the same as Paula.

InvictaScoop wrote:

I don't think you American guys realize that over in Great Britain, he's not just another brown guy that happens to win medals who also hung out with a coach that has a shady reputation but he is a "knight" in that he is CBE (Commander level in the Order of the British Empire). I am surprised it took so long for him to cut the chord. I would have expected him to cut out from Salazar after the London Olympics.
Quote Reply