Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Today’s definition of racism. [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"First of all, you don't consider this racist but it is racist. That's pretty much what your post stated. "

That's not at all what I stated. I gave the reasons why someone would think that it is racist. I happen to think that they are wrong.

"Absolutely insane. Critical thinking in this country has disappeared. "

Apparently so is reading comprehension. Fortunately irony is still alive and well. For that, I thank you.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Today’s definition of racism. [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Fortunately irony is still alive and well. For that, I thank you.

FTW

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Today’s definition of racism. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Right, because Trump is just like Hitler and is a member of the KKK. "

I didn't say that. Please follow along:

Claim: white guy dressing up as a white guy is not racist (the claim was made through sarcasm).
Counter example: white guy dressing up as Hitler of KKK

The counter example is used to show that the original claim is to WHY it isn't racist is incorrect. You'll note, I said I disagreed that dressing as Trump is racist. That's be cause, like you, I don't think that he represents racism like Hitler and the KKK do.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
"A white guy dressing up as another white guy is racism. "

First of all, I don't consider this to be racist.

However, just because wearing black face is racist (not because there's anything inherently racist about changing your skin color for a costume, but because of the specific connotations of black face) doesn't mean that the ONLY form of racism is to dress up as someone of another race.

In this case, the charge is similar to if someone dressed up as Hitler. They are saying, "Look, you're glorifying a racist." Don't believe me? Try dressing up as Hitler or a KKK member for halloween.

Again, I don't agree that that is what's happening here, but its pretty clear that that is the angle that they are going for.

I thought Barry's post was self explanitory but if you are still struggling... maybe read the bold parts again.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Oct 31, 17 10:21
Quote Reply
Re: Today’s definition of racism. [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
From the comments...

"It appears Connor McDavid misinterpreted the Oilers’ need for offensive right wingers"

Well Trump is offensive, I'm not entirely convinced he's a right winger that idea just doesn't skate with me.
Quote Reply
Re: Today’s definition of racism. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
BarryP wrote:
"A white guy dressing up as another white guy is racism. "

First of all, I don't consider this to be racist.

However, just because wearing black face is racist (not because there's anything inherently racist about changing your skin color for a costume, but because of the specific connotations of black face) doesn't mean that the ONLY form of racism is to dress up as someone of another race.

In this case, the charge is similar to if someone dressed up as Hitler. They are saying, "Look, you're glorifying a racist." Don't believe me? Try dressing up as Hitler or a KKK member for halloween.

Again, I don't agree that that is what's happening here, but its pretty clear that that is the angle that they are going for.

I thought Barry's post was self explanitory but if you are still struggling... maybe read the bold parts again.

A first time for everything, me agreeing with Barry, he was pretty clear on this. :)

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Today’s definition of racism. [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boooooooo

Quote Reply
Re: Today’s definition of racism. [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
timbasile wrote:
From the comments...

"It appears Connor McDavid misinterpreted the Oilers’ need for offensive right wingers"

Well Trump is offensive, I'm not entirely convinced he's a right winger that idea just doesn't skate with me.

Let's put him down as more of a "rover" - that 7th guy that hockey removed more than a century ago. Seems about right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lighten up Francis! We're all just trying to have some pun.
Quote Reply
Re: Today’s definition of racism. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if, according to these same blokes, that exact same guy dressed up as Obama would be more or less racist?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Today’s definition of racism. [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
White guy as a black guy. Gee what do you think they would say?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply

Prev Next