Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Patriots deal QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers for 2018 draft pick
Quote | Reply
Damn, where is Kirk going to go now and who is the Pat's backup?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Patriots deal QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers for 2018 draft pick [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:

Giselle is the backup.

They traded Brissett to the Colts.
Quote Reply
Re: Patriots deal QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers for 2018 draft pick [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At this moment, there is no backup. I guess there will be one before the next game in 2 weeks.
It's not even like they can put Edelman at the position right now since he's out all season.
Given how often Brady's been sacked this season, that's an incredible risk I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Patriots deal QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers for 2018 draft pick [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't Tom Brady about 55? The Patriots were playing with only one backup to a 55 year old? Seems like a bad business decision.
Quote Reply
Re: Patriots deal QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers for 2018 draft pick [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe Louis was 76 years old when he fought Rocky Marciano

; )

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Patriots deal QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers for 2018 draft pick [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:

; )

He was 137 actually.... :)

Looks like 49ers will cut Hoyer, and Pats probably sign him since he has played there before.
Quote Reply
Re: Patriots deal QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers for 2018 draft pick [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They can always sign Keapernick and watch Goodell's head explode. Everyone hates the Pats already anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Patriots deal QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers for 2018 draft pick [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 6 year old sons head would explode with joy if that happened! He loves the Niners, loves the Patriots and doesn't understand why Kap doesn't play anymore. His problem would be solved!😂😂

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Patriots deal QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers for 2018 draft pick [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

; )

He was 137 actually.... :)

Yeah... according to Frank Sinatra.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meh! They'll be fine! Hall of Fame QBs never get injured ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Patriots deal QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers for 2018 draft pick [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Meh! They'll be fine! Hall of Fame QBs never get injured ...

i remember cutler getting quite a fe...ohhhhhhhhh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This will come back to bite the Patriots. Part of why they are consistently good is their arrogance - we can plug anyone into our system and still win. Good luck when Brady goes down in 2 weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:

I'd love to see him in Denver and they have three backup QB's they could trade one to NE.
Quote Reply
Re: Patriots deal QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers for 2018 draft pick [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a big risk. Hoyer will be the Pats back up. I guess they felt the early second pick was a good as they were going to get. O line really needs to improve or Brady will not be able to eat enough avocado ice cream to recover.
Quote Reply
Re: Patriots deal QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers for 2018 draft pick [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
At this moment, there is no backup. I guess there will be one before the next game in 2 weeks.
It's not even like they can put Edelman at the position right now since he's out all season.
Given how often Brady's been sacked this season, that's an incredible risk I think.

Brian Hoyer, come on down.

Quote Reply
Re: Patriots deal QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers for 2018 draft pick [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
This will come back to bite the Patriots. Part of why they are consistently good is their arrogance - we can plug anyone into our system and still win. Good luck when Brady goes down in 2 weeks.

Bill Belichik will drive down into Boston, find some hobo next to a dumpster, sober him, and then coach him into the next MVP. And the train will keep rolling.
I'm not kidding.
He's done it before.
Remember - He had a 11-5 season with Matt Cassel - and we can all agree that Cassel's skill set is inferior to most hobos.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Last edited by: Guffaw: Oct 31, 17 11:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Francois wrote:

Confirmed.
Quote Reply
Re: Patriots deal QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers for 2018 draft pick [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"This will come back to bite the Patriots. Part of why they are consistently good is their arrogance"

Or...they decided that with injuries to Edelman/Hightower/Hogan they aren't winning this year if Brady goes down so might as well get something for Jimmy. It isn't arrogant to think you are smarter and better than everyone else when it's true.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
Francois wrote:

Confirmed.

Hoyer got 3 years of paid bench sitting. Oh, to be a decent second string QB....

Quote Reply
Re: Patriots deal QB Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers for 2018 draft pick [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kdw wrote:
"This will come back to bite the Patriots. Part of why they are consistently good is their arrogance"

Or...they decided that with injuries to Edelman/Hightower/Hogan they aren't winning this year if Brady goes down so might as well get something for Jimmy. It isn't arrogant to think you are smarter and better than everyone else when it's true.

I doubt they think they aren't winning. This year looks more open than previous years for sure though. But all teams so far have shown issues, maybe except the Eagles (how weird!) It's a trade that benefits everyone really. 49ers fill a gap. Pats get a good pick next year. Trades are probably where they are much smarter than many other teams.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:

Colin Cowherd (sp?) had an interesting take on it yesterday morning: Bill Belichick knows he's just about done in Boston, and will retire alongside Brady in a year or two. He's made these trades in an effort to repay some debts he has to a couple of NFL old guard coaches, and the current coaches who got these Pats players are the protoges of those old guard coaches to whom a debt was owed. Maybe "debt" is too strong a word, but it's the turnaround on some "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" deals.

I don't entirely believe it, but it's an interesting theory.

Edit: Here's a link to Cowherd's theory:

https://www.foxsports.com/.../video/1085370435852

Second edit: If you don't want to watch the video, here's a link to a transcript:

https://nesn.com/...mmy-garoppolo-trade/

War is god
Last edited by: Crank: Nov 1, 17 13:14
Quote Reply