Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone care to guess IM AZ 2018 registration [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually the tiered pricing is an AWA benefit.

Since I didnt volunteer/race the only way I could register for IMAZ early was with the awa link, and since tier 1 sold out before tri clubs could sign up I ended up saving a whole $25. I know, not much, but something...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone care to guess IM AZ 2018 registration [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:
Actually the tiered pricing is an AWA benefit.

Since I didnt volunteer/race the only way I could register for IMAZ early was with the awa link, and since tier 1 sold out before tri clubs could sign up I ended up saving a whole $25. I know, not much, but something...

Actually, it's not, but I will give you partial credit. Tiered pricing is a market strategy aimed at all athletes. Your AWA benefit ... for this race ... was the opportunity to get first crack at Tier 1. I snagged Tier 1 for IM Norway because it was first come first serve when they opened registration ... no AWA, no tri clubs, no BS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I logged in at noon and was defaulted to Tier 3. By checkout, I was at Tier 4. So much for saving $50.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone care to guess IM AZ 2018 registration [Bleucheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IÂ’m in. Wow, prices have climbed since I last signed up for an Ironman in 2013!

I thought it was weird how it said registration was closed to any M45-49 AGers that were hoping to go under 10 hours but prices would be cut in half to those planning to go over......oh well.

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone care to guess IM AZ 2018 registration [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in as well. From the looks of it the race is still open at 11:09 pst.

I gave up worrying about cost. I am doing this as motivation to get back/stay in shape.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone care to guess IM AZ 2018 registration [Bleucheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sold out around 5pm ET
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bam, gone. I honestly thought it'd take a few days or a week to sell out this time.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone care to guess IM AZ 2018 registration [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My last IM was Cozumel in 2016. I signed up yesterday to for Arizona.
It seems that IM is no longer giving backpacks. They offered to sell me one while I was signing up.
I thought that was strange. All other 140.6s I've done they gave them out. Now it seems like it switched to a T-Shirt.

Has it been this way for a while? Just curious.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone care to guess IM AZ 2018 registration [zcruisers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zcruisers wrote:
My last IM was Cozumel in 2016. I signed up yesterday to for Arizona.
It seems that IM is no longer giving backpacks. They offered to sell me one while I was signing up.
I thought that was strange. All other 140.6s I've done they gave them out. Now it seems like it switched to a T-Shirt.

Has it been this way for a while? Just curious.

You still get a backpack at athlete check in, they just want to sell folks an additional one. It's a money grab.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone care to guess IM AZ 2018 registration [reducedguilt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had signed up to get notifications but never got any. I just lucked out as I was scrolling FB and saw Mike Riley's video stating registration was opening in 10 minutes (and that post was over 10 minutes old). I think Tiers 1 and 2 were taken up by volunteers and former participants. Had I not scrolled FB I may not have gotten in.

This will be IM #2 for me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next