Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who writes the triathlon plans in Trainerroad? Not the bike
Quote | Reply
Wondering who writes the coaching on Trainerroad, I know coach Chad writes the cycling part but I am wondering about the swim and bike.

I assume its not Chad as I don't believe he has any Tri experience.

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Who writes the triathlon plans in Trainerroad? Not the bike [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they are written by him. His info page states he gas experience coaching multi-sport athletes.

https://www.trainerroad.com/coach-chad
Quote Reply
Re: Who writes the triathlon plans in Trainerroad? Not the bike [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol. I've always kind of used the TR run/swim stuff as a general guide, but definitely diverge from what it suggests...

ie. I run more frequently/longer than the plan suggests. It will say a 45 minute run and depending on what part of the season, I will run sometimes double what it suggests.

Also, the swim, IMO, is way off... On the 70.3 plan it suggests quit a few 2100 yard straight swims... Granted, I will do one or two 2100 yard TTs before my priority race, but other than that, I don't see the benefits outside a mental one of having my face in the water for 35 minutes.

But with that said, TR has been the best investment I have ever made in my training. I didn't subscribe to TR for the swim help.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Last edited by: cloy: Oct 29, 17 10:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not go on the Trainer road thread and ask them? They normally answer prey quickly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been wondering this myself as the swim and run directions feel decidedly different than the bike workouts. Last year I followed everything pretty closely, but was thinking about changing up the swim and run plans.

What does everyone else do? Use different plans? Modify? Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Who writes the triathlon plans in Trainerroad? Not the bike [AndrewL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Trainerroad plans for cycling
Barry P for running

Fits in quite well in all honesty. Short runs after each 1hr-1.30min ride, with the medium runs after 'recovery' rides, or stand alone days. And then the long run on weekends.

Swimming is just where you can fit it in.
Quote Reply
Re: Who writes the triathlon plans in Trainerroad? Not the bike [AndrewL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Last year I followed everything pretty closely, but was thinking about changing up the swim and run plans.

I'm curious to know, what plan you followed and why you are thinking about changing up the swim and run plans. If you change them, what are you thinking of doing differently?
Quote Reply
Re: Who writes the triathlon plans in Trainerroad? Not the bike [the_thief] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the_thief wrote:
I think they are written by him. His info page states he gas experience coaching multi-sport athletes.

https://www.trainerroad.com/coach-chad

don't forget that nate (CEO) is also a triathlete himself so its not like no one there knows about multi-sport disciplines.
Quote Reply
Re: Who writes the triathlon plans in Trainerroad? Not the bike [NYSLIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the half distance low volume last year. And then this summer I Devoted myself to working on my run and followed a run specific plan. That plan had different intensity and higher intensity feels than the run part of the tri plans. As far as swimming, I’m quite comfortable in the water and the swim portion doesn’t quite feel like it matches the intensity of the bike. Maybe this is by design. Maybe mid volume would be different? I should point out I’m not necessarily going to change swim/run, I was really wondering if others had the same thoughts or it was just me.
Quote Reply
Re: Who writes the triathlon plans in Trainerroad? Not the bike [sambadhillon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sambadhillon wrote:

Barry P for running

This is what I do. Except I decided to pay a little more attention to my swim this upcoming season so signed up with Tower 26. On the run, the only thing I use trainerroad for is when they have the brick runs scheduled.
Quote Reply
Re: Who writes the triathlon plans in Trainerroad? Not the bike [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
sambadhillon wrote:

Barry P for running

This is what I do. Except I decided to pay a little more attention to my swim this upcoming season so signed up with Tower 26. On the run, the only thing I use trainerroad for is when they have the brick runs scheduled.

Same for me.

TR for the bike and Barry P for the run: I do the recovery runs straight after a ride which makes running 6 days a week easier.

Not cracked the swim yet as still making big gains on the bike/run....maybe next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Who writes the triathlon plans in Trainerroad? Not the bike [sambadhillon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sambadhillon wrote:
Barry P for running

Fits in quite well in all honesty. Short runs after each 1hr-1.30min ride, with the medium runs after 'recovery' rides, or stand alone days. And then the long run on weekends.

Been thinking of this approach! Which TR-plans are you using?
Quote Reply