Prev Next
Re: IMFLA possible derailed? [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: IMFLA possible derailed? [ironslave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello ironslave and All,

Good effort at IMFLA! 01:25:08 06:05:45 14+

Good luck in the future .... your health and discipline to train for an Ironman will help see you through the rough spots.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Last edited by: nealhe: Nov 7, 17 17:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
There are bigger issues here that have nothing to do with triathlons or Ironman or whatever. We are two different personalities that can't seem to bite our tongues and speak our minds. He hates to travel, I LOVE to travel. He hates triathlon, I LOVE triathlon. He never had kids and doesn't get the bond I have with my older sons. I could go on and on..
I just wanted you to re-read what you wrote. Maybe seeing your words again can help you gain some perspective on the best choice for you and your sons. Best of luck to you.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFLA possible derailed? [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could be wrong but Not sure I would have posted her times as she probably doesn’t want to lose her anonymity.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFLA possible derailed? [IMStillTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello IMStillTrying and All,

Ironslave posted in part: "What? Finished the race in over 14hrs. Swam 1:25, bikes 6:05 and umm pretty much walked the 26.2 Miles...really didn’t talk to anyone out there.

IMStillTrying posted: "I could be wrong but Not sure I would have posted her times as she probably doesn’t want to lose her anonymity."

??

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just guessing that She knows her marathon time but didn’t post it for a reason. Perhaps she just wanted some support but Does not necesarily want to reveal who she is cuz slowtwitch sleuths are pretty damn persistent and good at tracking every kernel.

Let me give you a scenario. . . His friend who may be a triathlete (or at least reads slow twitch)reads this post. Notes similarity to his friend’s (her husband) story. Checks out the results then Tells him that his wife and posting all sorts of stuff. Shit really then l hits the fan.

Sounds like her marriage has all sorts of trouble. This most certainly would not help. That’s all I meant by my post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello IMStillTrying and All,

Point taken ....

Err on side of caution .....

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMStillTrying wrote:
Just guessing that She knows her marathon time but didn’t post it for a reason. Perhaps she just wanted some support but Does not necesarily want to reveal who she is cuz slowtwitch sleuths are pretty damn persistent and good at tracking every kernel.

Let me give you a scenario. . . His friend who may be a triathlete (or at least reads slow twitch)reads this post. Notes similarity to his friend’s (her husband) story. Checks out the results then Tells him that his wife and posting all sorts of stuff. Shit really then l hits the fan.

Sounds like her marriage has all sorts of trouble. This most certainly would not help. That’s all I meant by my post.

Thanks this is true. I need to work on a lot and that means me looking in the mirror. I hope you respect my privacy. I trusted the ST people and came here for advice and I have a long road ahead of me to heal and become a better person and work on my marriage and give him the respect he deserves as well. I have not been innocent in any of this and took a lot for granted. There is "we" in the marriage, not just "me". Thanks for all the advice I received here, I hope we can put this to bed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

And with that, ladies and gentleman...we let this thread slip into time and bid thee farewell!
Quote Reply
Re: IMFLA possible derailed? [LuchaLibre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what happened on the run?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I transitioned to the IM distance 2 years ago and have done all of them on my own so I have forced to become self sufficient. Having said that I definitely see the advantage and to positives to having friends/family and or some kind of support staff on race day. In fact I have been looking to extend my race day knowledge and love for the sport into a race day support company for people like yourself that planned to have people there to support you but at the last minute were no longer going to be there. Most people who do not compete in triathlon (despite being athletic in another sport) do not understand the passion and amount of preparation we put in for these races. But always know that the triathlon community is extremely supportive, I have always felt supported at races despite being there alone so do not let last minute changes to your plans make you give up on the race, you just have to adjust and triathletes are usually very good at that since we have to make adjustments in most races. Let me ask you and the rest of the triathlon community; would you use a race day support service if it were available? Basically a IM-sherpa for rent to put it in simple terms. I hope your race went well in Florida.
Quote Reply

Prev Next