Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Indoor trainer [Dominion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dominion wrote:
gplama wrote:
Dominion wrote:
How would the snap compare to tacx offerings like the vortex or flow? The flow looks especially attractive at $349.

Cheap is always a compromise. I've just stepped off the Flow after a solid sessions and my own 'Lab Test'. It's another case of 'you get what you pay for'. It works as expected. However if your budget can stretch, go the Vortex. If it can stretch further go the SNAP. The SNAP is probably the best wheel on trainer I've used to date.

Thanks Shane.
I clicked your web link and read all your trainer reviews. Great info! I'll probably go for the snap.
You won't be disappointed! I cannot believe how awesome the snap is, I never used a direct drive, I imagine they are better, but you will not regret the snap.
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor trainer [RedNeckBiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a Tacx Flux, and it's been great so far. It's solid, stable, quiet, and smooth. It requires calibration, but it's super fast (pedal up to 30 km/h, and then stop pedaling and wait for the flywheel to stop turning). I don't currently have a PM on my road bike, so I can't compare the numbers, but they seem pretty on par with my numbers in the past (when adjusting for fitness level). I've used it with both Zwift and the Tacx software thus far and it's been good.
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor trainer [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am close to pulling the trigger on the Elite Direto. https://en.ciclimattio.com/...8EAQYAiABEgIB3_D_BwE

They offer free shipping to the States but takes over a month but their prices are really good. They have responded to every email I have sent.
Last edited by: Slowman: Oct 30, 17 16:19
Quote Reply
Re: Indoor trainer [Bebetter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
welcome to slowtwitch. you'll see our review just posted on the home page.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next