Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training Plan, Olympic Distance
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for an internet training plan for Olympic distance for an experienced age grouper. Internet or book? What is your favorite?

Thank you.

Pat
Quote Reply
Re: Training Plan, Olympic Distance [Yorlik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just exercise all year long. Pretty simple

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't want to spend much, take a look at Matt Fitzgeral Week-by-Week Training Guide book. Followed it for my first IM.
Last edited by: lsousa: Oct 27, 17 4:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Several years ago I used a Joe Friel training plan from TrainingPeaks, and I felt that it worked really well. In the base it does have a lot of zone 2 type work which can be a bit frustrating during that several weeks block but in the build it does add some serious work. I felt it was better then the Fitzgerald plans.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The trainerroad programs are good, and for $100/yr you get access to every one of their programs. Only thing I would suggest doing differently is to add a couple of easy runs to your weeks, I don't think they have enough run volume.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yorlik wrote:
I'm looking for an internet training plan for Olympic distance for an experienced age grouper. Internet or book? What is your favorite?

Thank you.

I've used the level II Olympic Training plan on Garmin Connect for the past 2 seasons. I feel like it worked pretty well as I got progressively faster, however, I do feel like I could have thrown in more running. I feel like I have read a lot of folks suggesting using a Half plan for an olympic.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: Training Plan, Olympic Distance [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
The trainerroad programs are good, and for $100/yr you get access to every one of their programs. Only thing I would suggest doing differently is to add a couple of easy runs to your weeks, I don't think they have enough run volume.

+1 on both counts.
Quote Reply