Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DB Serios F vs B14 / Ordu M30
Quote | Reply
I’ve collected three AG podiums on a 12 yr old aluminum transition and am looking to upgrade this year, but still on a restrictive budget. Options on the table are 2015 Serios F with di2 and hed jet 5 express for under 3k usd, or same year felt b14 or ordu m30, both with ultegra mech, for about 1500 but I’ll have to upgrade the crankset, cockpit and wheel set with the savings, which could quickly turn a new bike into a Frankenstein’s monster of mixed components. Any reason not to go with Diamondback?
Quote Reply
Re: DB Serios F vs B14 / Ordu M30 [cmdonlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To my knowledge, the Serios is the fastest of those three bikes by a good margin (I've never seen aero data for the M30 tbh). Jet 5 wheels and Di2 on a solid aero frame for under $3k is tough to beat... so long as it will work with your fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As long as it fits, the serios is a solid choice. I'd definitely say go with that one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Serios F, and I've been very happy with it. My only warning would be to not try to mess with the existing cockpit. Changing bars can get a bit messy with the custom stem on the Serios. For under $3k, it's hard to find a better deal with Di2, HED wheels, ISM saddle, top tube bosses, etc. all included. Since I already had wheels, I ended up selling the HEDs. I later upgraded to DuraAce cranks with the Pioneer power meter. (if you run Stages or Pioneer pm, you'll need a new rear brake, for clearance)

Feel free to message me with any questions.

current race pic here: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...osition_P6389649-12/

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: DB Serios F vs B14 / Ordu M30 [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the concurrence. I haven’t found many reviews from actual riders or seen any of the first year production models in the field so just wanted to make sure I’m not missing anything. When a deal seems too good to be true, it usually is. No plans to change the aerobars and P1s pedals for metering so no conflicts, I think I’ll pull the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
di2 plus wheels for under 3k. That is hard to beat.

It is one ugly machine but for the price...mmmm

I would go with the felt IA 16 with 105s then buy a FLO wheelset for the same price. Just saying. Unless your sold on the DI2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Di2 is unnecessary but I bet you really like it. I made the mistake of renting an Ultegra Di2 once and now my road and TT bikes are electronic shift.

There are a few generations of HED Jets. They are all nice but tubeless compatible is a nice option to have.
Quote Reply
Re: DB Serios F vs B14 / Ordu M30 [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
Di2 is unnecessary but I bet you really like it. I made the mistake of renting an Ultegra Di2 once and now my road and TT bikes are electronic shift.

There are a few generations of HED Jets. They are all nice but tubeless compatible is a nice option to have.

This is exactly why I will never try hard drugs haha I know me but I also know my wallet.
Quote Reply