Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Shimano Ultegra 6600 Hub 11-Speed Conversion [atc134] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to help.

But you're going to modify the cassette and not the freehub, correct?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Ultegra 6600 Hub 11-Speed Conversion [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes modifying the cassette...... :)
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Ultegra 6600 Hub 11-Speed Conversion [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jollyroger88 wrote:
it sounded too good to be true

Shoot... It really did:(

sorry guys. I guess I got too excited, too soon!
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Ultegra 6600 Hub 11-Speed Conversion [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Yes, you are correct. I was mistaken, I forgot to say there were also some now somewhat rare dura ace hubs that also only accepted shimano 10 speed cassettes.

But those hubs (and the shimano prebuilt wheels, the rear hubs looked like the photo below) were the only exception to what I wrote. But thanks for clarifying this.

There's still some Easton wheels floating around that used that strange 10 speed Shimano only hub. All of their EC90 and EA90 wheels from 2010-2013 (or maybe even 2014 too...I don't remember when they started using the black free hub body) that were for 'Shimano' and not Campy were truly Shimano 10 speed only. They were the blue R4 hubs and those wheels still show up on ST classifieds once in awhile.

Not that it actually matters a ton here.

BTW - I just grabbed the 11 speed Ultegra R8000 11-34 cassette as well. It's the ONLY Shimano Ultegra 11 speed cassette that fits on a 10 speed body. It was to use a pair of Stan's mt bike wheels for cross. Appears to work great so far. Do Greg/DSW was correct again......as usual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to confirm for everyone. I took about 1mm (will take a little more tonight but wife kept asking what I was doing out there..) off the back of my Shimano 105 (5800) 11-28 cassette last night and it worked on my Ultegra 6600 hub. Got the lock ring to tighten down at least a couple of turns. Will post pics if people need them, but just take your time and you should have no issues. There is plenty of room between the hub shell, the drive side spokes, and the 28t cog.

For those wondering you should take ~1.85mm off the cassette but I am taking it slow. I.E. measure twice.

Thanks again for everyone who posted.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Ultegra 6600 Hub 11-Speed Conversion [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it still can be useful for people riding single chainrings
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, if possible, you want to take about 1.8mm off the back of cassette. Less than that and you are potentially courting locking and/or freehub thread failure ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply

Prev Next